Fondant Lettering

Decorating By niccicola Updated 1 Oct 2008 , 11:42am by Kay_NL

niccicola Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 8:30pm
post #1 of 6

i know i should have posted this with my other question, but i forgot. shoot me.

So, my client wants everything exactly like the picture. should i purchase the wilton alphabet fondant cutters to make the lettering? To me, the letters in the picture look HUGE and the wilton cutters are small or at least look like they would be smaller than the letters in the picture.

Should I just try to print out letters and use them as a stencil?

5 replies
Rocketgirl899 Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 8:47pm
post #2 of 6

can you add the link to your other post?

tracey1970 Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 1:48am
post #4 of 6

I have the Wilton fondant letter cutters, and they do look like they would be smaller than the letters in your pictures. You could always print off a template of letters the size and shape you want and do them in royal/gumpaste/fondant.

ceshell Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 5:48am
post #5 of 6

Cookie cutters are often that size, or that cake almost looks like they just shaped the letters from fat rolls of fondant...?

Kay_NL Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 11:42am
post #6 of 6

I love using chocolate for that type of thing! I just print whatever I'm making on a sheet of paper, put wax paper over it to trace and fill!!

I do have cookie cutter letters about that size, I bought 101 plastic cookie cutters from Wilton, just to get the Question mark. LOL! The only thing with plastic, is you get a cleaner cut if you drape the fondant over the cutter and roll over that with your rolling pin!

HTH!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%