Black Candy Melts

Sugar Work By cakelady15 Updated 6 Oct 2008 , 1:29am by Boofycakes

cakelady15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady15 Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 7:39pm
post #1 of 8

Does anyone know where I can find black candy melts or coloring to make black? I know that dark chocolate is very close, but it's still not blackicon_smile.gif Any suggestions?

7 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 7:55pm
post #2 of 8

I thought I saw them at Michael's.

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 8:15pm
post #3 of 8

My sister saw some VERY dark chocolate melts, I don't know if they were black or not but they are darker than the regular dark chocolate. They also have lime green for halloween.

If you can't find them get the garden colors for candy, that has black.

traceyjade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traceyjade Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 12:40am
post #4 of 8

Micheals has black and monster green for Halloween but you can also use black candy colors, they are oil based as water based colors don't mix well with chocolate.

ncbert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncbert Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 1:02am
post #5 of 8

I bought the black melts,but they still seemed to look like a dark chocolate... icon_cry.gif I had bought the candy coloring in black and it's very runny and seemed to take tons to even make it black.
I actually use normal black coloring(Americolor) to add to the melts. It seizes a bit but I find I can still work with it,so I think I will stick to adding normal black coloring to melts.

Boofycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Boofycakes Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 1:06am
post #6 of 8

I bought some the other day at Michael's. Wilton has a line of Halloween candy melts. they have black, orange and "spooky" green (its like a lime green). I used the black to make some tombstone candies, and they worked pretty well.

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 1:20am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boofycakes

I bought some the other day at Michael's. Wilton has a line of Halloween candy melts. they have black, orange and "spooky" green (its like a lime green). I used the black to make some tombstone candies, and they worked pretty well.

Ditto. If they aren't on sale this week, here's a coupon:

http://www.michaels.com/coupons/10022008021125/coupon.html

Boofycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Boofycakes Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 1:29am
post #8 of 8

They were on sale last week for $1.99 each. i think it was like .50 off or something.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%