Baking Question

Decorating By Teena_Marie Updated 1 Oct 2008 , 1:18am by Teena_Marie

Teena_Marie Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 6:37pm
post #1 of 7

Can I bake a 10" round and a 6" round at the same time? or will that mess it up? i need to have 2 layers of each, but only have one pan of each.. also, should i use a rose nail in the 10" as a heating core? ive never used a rose nail before so if I need to can someone tell me how to do it? thanks in advance!

6 replies
JenniferMI Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 6:51pm
post #2 of 7

Sure you can bake the two at once. I would do them on the same rack.

I've never used a nail and have done just fine icon_smile.gif

Jen icon_smile.gif

renee2007 Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 6:52pm
post #3 of 7

I bake 10 and 6 at the same time all the time. I only use the flower nail in the 12x18 sheet pan. if you want to use it just grease the nail all over and put it sitting in the middle of the pan. hth icon_smile.gif

Deb_ Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 6:54pm
post #4 of 7

Depending on the size of your oven, yes you can bake those 2 together. Just be sure that the pans are not touching each other or the sides of the oven. (there should be enough room around each pan for the heat to circulate evenly. I bake them on the same rack.

I usually don't use a heat core in pans less than 12", but if you're using a really dense recipe you can. Just grease and flour the rose nail, fill the pan with batter and place the nail head upside down in the center of the pan.
To remove the nail, turn the cake out of the pan and the nail will be visible, just pull it out.

Good Luck!

Teena_Marie Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 6:55pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks so much!! I was scared to attempt it without knowing lol you people are wonderful!

kakeladi Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 11:48pm
post #6 of 7

As everyone said, certainly you can bake more than one cake at a time no matter the sizes.
As long as you can stagger them in the oven w/o anything touching each other or the oven wall.
I've bakes as many as 8 6"ers at a time and many other combinations.

Teena_Marie Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 1:18am
post #7 of 7

This worked great for me! i had done it with two of the same size pan, but never mixed it up before. Thanks so much for the advice this saved me so much time!

Quote by @%username% on %date%