Main Page Wedding Cake

Decorating By lovetodecorate Updated 18 Oct 2008 , 9:14pm by millermom

lovetodecorate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovetodecorate Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 5:08pm
post #1 of 10

I was asked to make the cake on the main page. It is for my friends parents' anniversary. I am fairly new a decorating and only do it for fun. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make the little design around the cake? She would like a red fondant covered cake with some flowers on top. I just don't know how to make the designs around it. Thanks for all your help!!

9 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 5:45pm
post #2 of 10

There are 18 pix on the main page. Unless you can copy & paste the pic we don't know which one you want to make.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 5:53pm
post #3 of 10

I'm pretty sure they are talking about the Icon cake that is always there.. the white one with the scroll work and the mauve callas and roses on it??

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 5:56pm
post #4 of 10

Are you talking about the small picture of the two layer wedding cake at the top of the CC homepage? Unless we have more info, I don't think we'll be much help icon_wink.gif

lovetodecorate Posted 9 Oct 2008 , 2:14pm
post #5 of 10

Yes I am talking about the icon cake with the scroll work. icon_biggrin.gif Guess I just focused on that one cake that I did not think of the others. Can't you all read my mind? icon_twisted.gif Thanks for asking. I would love to have any ideas.

kjt Posted 9 Oct 2008 , 3:33pm
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetodecorate

Can't you all read my mind? icon_twisted.gif Thanks for asking. I would love to have any ideas.

Come on...give us a little time! I know for me, at least, it takes 5 or 6 posts! icon_lol.gif

I am interested to see if you find out about this cake...I have always loved it, too.

Warm regards!

kjt Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 4:43pm
post #7 of 10

lovetodecorate, did you ever get any help finding out about the cake?

millermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millermom Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 5:02pm
post #8 of 10

It's hard to see the details very clearly, but I think red fondant would look really pretty with white or light pink piping around the sides. I think you could probably make up your own piping design.

Also, with the red fondant, you might want to do different flowers on top; maybe red roses with white cala lilys throughout to accent them?

lovetodecorate Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 11:11pm
post #9 of 10

kjt - only form millermom

millermom- so you think they just piped around the top to make the scroll work?! my friend has some ideas for the flowers on top. She will order real ones from the flower shop and I thought we could just set them on top of the cake. I will let her know the ideas about the flowers that you mentioned. I think she wanted to use the same flowers that her parents had at the wedding. I am not sure though. I was wondering if the flowers throughout the cake would look alright. So now I have another question for you all. If I put flowers in the cake what do you put around the stem so it does not make the cake icky? thanks again for everyone's help!!
loveto decorate

millermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millermom Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 9:14pm
post #10 of 10

I think the piping is around the bottom of both tiers.

I think fresh flowers will be really pretty, but you're right, you don't want to put them directly into the cake. You can get florists "vials" ( I don't know the technical term). They are little vials that have a point at the bottom that you can put into the cake.

Also, you can put some kind of plate/board on top and set the flowers on that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%