Doras Fairytale Adventure

Decorating By loriemoms Updated 1 Oct 2008 , 11:51am by Kay_NL

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 3:26pm
post #1 of 5

I am making a topsy turvey cake based on Doras Fairytale adventure. I found the book cover online and was going to do a little dora (in her princess outfit) and the little monkey and a small castle on the cake, and some vines with flowers and such. I am not familiar with this book and wanted to know if anyone had a copy and could tell me other images that appear in the book that I can put on the sides of the cake..

Thanks!

4 replies
Kay_NL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kay_NL Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 4:41pm
post #2 of 5

Ok, I will make it very obvious that I am a Mom of 2 girls here... LOL! I haven't read this story in a while but can read it tonight to make sure what I'm saying is right... I can't remember the exact wording or details, but maybe you can get the book from the library or have the customer loan you it??

Boots is under a sleeping spell cast by a witch and the only way to wake up is to get a hug from a true princess. Dora can become a true princess by completing 4 tasks:

1) Find the red ring. She finds it in a dragon's cave and when she does, he turns into a prince and gives her something to help with her next task.

2) Get the rocks to sing. These are several rectangular rocks which sing when she uses the item the prince gave her.

3) Turn winter into spring.

4) Bring the moon to the queen and king. In this part there is a rapunzel like story where Dora's friends want to help her so she uses the magical brush to make her hair really long. They then climb up and they all manage to bring the moon to the queen and king...

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 4:45pm
post #3 of 5

oh cool, that helps! So if I put a red ring on it and some singing rocks?

Shannie13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shannie13 Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 8:27pm
post #4 of 5

One other thing you may want to put on the cake as relating to bringing the moon to the king and queen is stars. Dora has to catch stars to make a staircase up to the moon.

This was a great story...Can't wait to see the cake.

Shannie

Kay_NL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kay_NL Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 11:51am
post #5 of 5

I found a picture of the rocks,

http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/dora-the-explorer-fairytale-adventure/screenshots

There is no giant in the story book, all these pictures are from a video game and hardly any look like the book, but the Giant Rocks look the same as in the book!

I think it would be cool to have each layer represent a different task, but that's only my idea! I can't wait to see what you come up with!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%