How To Get That Funky Green Lime Or Neon Green??

Decorating By cakebaker1957 Updated 30 Sep 2008 , 3:39pm by robinscakes

cakebaker1957 Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 2:31pm
post #1 of 13

Im doing a birthday cake and she likes bright colors so its hot pink and neon green or lime green im doing the #s out of the green what colors do i use to get the color i need is it yellow and a little dk green??? Thanks to all helpers i need it(:

12 replies
kakeladi Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 2:41pm
post #2 of 13

Americolor has lime/electirc green & blue.
There is also a lime green powdered color - can't think of the brand.

cakebaker1957 Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 3:02pm
post #3 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

has lime/electirc green & blue.
There is also a lime green powdered color - can't think of the brand.




thanks kakeladi but im limited to access to cake anything, i have a Michaels and Hobby Lobby where im at and i dont have time to order its due Thursday, I quoted you on the topic of the newbies question on Time line on cakes i need to know if you store your finished cakes with out the decorations on them in a box or do you just leave them out on the counter until time to deliver if i put my torted and filled cakes in a cake keeper they get too moist and the icing wont stickvery well, Thanks for your valuable info

chikie Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 3:06pm
post #4 of 13

I made mine with electric yellow and lt blue.

Copacabanya Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 3:10pm
post #5 of 13

I think the ratio is 5 parts yellow to 1 part green if you need to mix from normal colors on hand. That's how I did the green in my dirtbike cake. Just made some yellow and some green and mixed the two in that ratio. Then I was able to get some electric green americolor to do the board and they matched perfectly.

HTH!
Anya

Sweetpeazmom Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 3:12pm
post #6 of 13

I usually use the Lime powder color, but if I'm out of that I use a mixture of green and yellow. Start with Green, but don't make it too dark (you can always add more, but you can't take it out), then add Yellow (Lemon Yellow if you have it) The more yellow you put the more lime color it will be. Also you can try the Leaf Paste Color and add a touch of Lemon color. Hope this helps.

cakebaker1957 Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 3:12pm
post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikie

I made mine with electric yellow and lt blue.




thanks Chikie , i will try that i dont need to much just enough for the # 18

cakebaker1957 Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 3:14pm
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpeazmom

I usually use the Lime powder color, but if I'm out of that I use a mixture of green and yellow. Start with Green, but don't make it too dark (you can always add more, but you can't take it out), then add Yellow (Lemon Yellow if you have it) The more yellow you put the more lime color it will be. Also you can try the Leaf Paste Color and add a touch of Lemon color. Hope this helps.



Yep it helps a lot, Thank You

cakebaker1957 Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 3:15pm
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copacabanya

I think the ratio is 5 parts yellow to 1 part green if you need to mix from normal colors on hand. That's how I did the green in my dirtbike cake. Just made some yellow and some green and mixed the two in that ratio. Then I was able to get some electric green to do the board and they matched perfectly.

HTH!
Anya




Thank You

cakebaker1957 Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 3:15pm
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copacabanya

I think the ratio is 5 parts yellow to 1 part green if you need to mix from normal colors on hand. That's how I did the green in my dirtbike cake. Just made some yellow and some green and mixed the two in that ratio. Then I was able to get some electric green to do the board and they matched perfectly.

HTH!
Anya




Thank You

darandon Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 3:18pm
post #11 of 13

I have used the bright lemon yellow/sunshine yellow with a touch of lime green/kelly green until it gets to the shade I wanted.

bobwonderbuns Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 3:25pm
post #12 of 13

I'm glad this came up -- lime green has always posed a problem for me. Thanks for all the input! icon_biggrin.gif

robinscakes Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 3:39pm
post #13 of 13

I love Americolor's electric green right out of the bottle!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%