Jumping Fish Cake Story--Long

Decorating By Mac Updated 22 Dec 2008 , 11:52am by Candylynn

Mac Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 2:17pm
post #1 of 2

A client called me yesterday that wanted a fish cake as her husband loved to fish. She knew she wanted a shaped cake. Gave her my website for some ideas and she was suppose to look at it last nite.

Client called this morning (oh, she needs this cake by Friday), which is Tuesday, and had her brother look up my site since she forgot. Brother told her to get the jumping fish cake. So I tell her the cake on my website was on top of a 2-layer half sheet for a wedding but that I could do just the Jumping Fish and that would serve 40.

"Oh I don't need that many servings, just enough for 8 guests and some to take home. So maybe 15-20 servings." I explained to her that I could not cut that cake down to 20 servings. So she was going with it anyway...until I told her $150.00. "Oh, then I will just have to go get something else. I thought you could make it smaller." I explained that the stability would be compromised with a smaller cake and that I could do a 1/4 sheet cake with a fish head sticking out of the cake for $35-$40. So she went with that.

Another example that non-cakers do not understand the cake concept!

1 reply
Candylynn Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 11:52am
post #2 of 2

I am looking for some ideas. Could I have your website? Candy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%