Cake For An Elderly Woman

Decorating By T-Bird Updated 1 Oct 2008 , 9:36pm by T-Bird

T-Bird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
T-Bird Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 12:14pm
post #1 of 3

Okay, so the well has run dry... I just can't seem to come up with an idea for a "simple" cake".

So here's the background. Hubby's aunt calls and would like a cake for a resident at the facility she works at (not sure if it's exactly a nursing home). The woman is advanced in age (I don't know how old) but is simple minded (for lack of a better description). She has pretty much reverted back to childhood at this point, and likes "cutesy" kids things. Nothing really in particular, just cute. This was the best I could get from aunt, lol. Maybe pink, purple, with bunnies or toys or something, to feed about 50 people, all buttercream.

So, I figured out as much as a 12" round, and then I'm stuck. On a tight budget, as I usually am. (Just a hobby baker for now, I pretty much just get cost of supplies) I have some some fondant from previous exploits still here, so could do some detail work with it..

I sat on this over the weekend hoping inspiration would hit.. but still nada.. perhaps some roses with little bunnies peeking out. I'm not planning on anything extravagant, the cake is due out Friday morning.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
T-Bird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
T-Bird Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 9:36pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks for the links! I had no idea where to start, and now I think I've got it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%