Tuff Boards

Decorating By psurrette Updated 1 Oct 2008 , 11:17am by costumeczar

psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 11:44am
post #1 of 5

White TuffBoard® Cake Board Circles does anyone use these? If you do what do you like or dislike about them?
Thank you!

4 replies
yummymummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummymummy Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 11:50am
post #2 of 5

I use them and like them quite a lot. They are grease proof, so they can hold up to bc and are much more sturdy than the card board ones. Something I don't care for: they are a bit difficult to cut if you need to customize them, and I don't like the "open" edge where you can see the corregated part of the inside of the board.....if that makes sense? icon_confused.gif Otherwise, they're really great! thumbs_up.gif

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 3:18am
post #3 of 5

I'm a foamcore girl (cheaper & less slippery), but I have some Tuff boards in rectangles, and 3 or 4 sizes of rounds to use as "icing boards" & "transfer boards".

I love these for putting under cakes when I ice them in buttercream &/or cover with fondant and for when I have to move torted layers around. They don't flex easily and they can be washed & reused. I figure that the ones I have will last me quite awhile.

Rae

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 3:38am
post #4 of 5

What are Tuff boards and where can i find them??

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 11:17am
post #5 of 5

Tuff Boards rock...I use them all the time, they're great. They're having trouble getting the raw materials right now (or so I've been told) so if you order them from a secondary source you're going to have them on backorder for a while (try a couple of months.) The best thing to do is to go to their website and order directly from them. It's www.tuffboardcakeboards.com

You can trim them to size with a pair of scissors, so they're not that hard to cut. Just don't use cheap scissors!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%