Help!!! I Need Blue Cupcakes!!!!

Baking By gabbycakes Updated 30 Sep 2008 , 8:06pm by gabbycakes

gabbycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gabbycakes Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 5:29am
post #1 of 4

Hi, Ladies! Sorry in advance to be so long.....

I have volunteered to make cupcakes for a baby shower for a work friend and I need some help. The baby is a boy and his nursery is in soft blue, soft green and chocolate brown and we want to use those colors for the shower, so I want to try to make cupcakes in those colors as well. For an added challenge, my friend doesn't like chocolate (!!!). I have come up with some flavor options to give the others who are helping, I plan on one flavor in each color:

Green--green tea/green tea buttercream; Lime/coconut; cherry limeade (cherry cake with lime frosting so the pink will be inside).

Blue--blueberry cheesecake flavor; coconut or butter with tinted frosting; ???

Brown--apple or pumpkin spice cake/brown sugar icing; some type of candy such as whopper/reeses, etc cake/frosting (although it does have some chocolate); or just go with a really good chocolate/chocolate and Mommy doesn't have to eat it.

Possibly--a 4th choice such as white chocolate or vanilla with white buttercream

I plan to swirl the frosting on top and then add different color sprinkles, and will be making some little picks to finish them off, and will display/serve them from a cupcake tree I just bought from ebay.

I REALLY need suggestions/recipes, especially for the blue!!! I searched all over the internet last night and didn't come up with much at all. The shower is Oct 23, but I will need to make things as I can and freeze (DH will help)--free time and energy is pretty short right now as we are currently working graveyard and 10 hour days, getting 1 day off every 3-4 weeks (we work at FEMA--need I say more??)

I cannot WAIT to see your suggestions--you guys are the BEST!!

Thanks!!!

gabbycakes

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 10:02am
post #2 of 4

You will need matcha powder to get the pretty green color for green tea. Blueberry juice will absolutely make blue cupcakes. Actually instant tea will also get you a brown cupcake color too.

If you are that busy I recommend giving yourself a break and just tint the icing y'know? Don't over do it. We need you!!!

sarahpierce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahpierce Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 2:04pm
post #3 of 4

I agree- take a deep breath. Food coloring does wonders. I would make the brown ones chocolate. Just because mom doesn't like chocolate doesn't mean her guests don't. That's like the bride saying "I don't like cake, so the other 400 people that I invited probably don't like it either. So, I 'll just have a 6" round for my cake. That should be enough." icon_lol.gif

gabbycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gabbycakes Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 8:06pm
post #4 of 4

Oh, I know y'all are right, and I've been thinking the same thing--just do a really really good butter or vanilla with tinted frosting. but the old (SAHM) me did everything in different flavors/colors/styles, all coordinated and perfect. I am really having trouble adjusting to the new (working grandma) me, LOL!! I do have a very rich fantasy life!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%