What To Start With?

Baking By nopleazn Updated 30 Sep 2008 , 1:45pm by TracyLH

nopleazn Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 2:27am
post #1 of 6

I was wondering if anyone would be so kind and tell me what are some of the basic tools I will need to start decorating cookies? icon_smile.gif

5 replies
bobwonderbuns Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 2:32am
post #2 of 6

cookie cutters, plastic squeeze bottles (as in the ones used for chocolate), toothpicks, sugars in various colors, embellishments (flowers, dragees, etc.). That's a pretty basic list but you can make no end of cookies using them. icon_biggrin.gif

nopleazn Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 2:38am
post #3 of 6

Thank You bobwonderbuns, I will go out and get the stuff asap, I sooo excited to start decorating... icon_biggrin.gif

GeminiRJ Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 11:45am
post #4 of 6

My list would include: decorating bags and couplers, off-set spatula, rolling pin rings, sugars and sprinkles, soft gel food colors, and of course...lots and lots of cutters!

TracyLH Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 1:44pm
post #5 of 6

I would add plastic template if you are going to make your own designs. You can get it in the quilting section at Joann's. Cut it out to your desired shape, place it on top of chilled rolled out dough and cut around it with a sharp knife. Occasionally, you will need to wipe off the template if the dough sticks to it a bit and brush lightly with flour (very lightly).

TracyLH Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 1:45pm
post #6 of 6

Oh, and I really like Americolor icing colors. You will want to get the Super Red and Super Black in particular. Mix the night before to get deeper colors. For red, start with pink and then add the red.

Quote by @%username% on %date%