??tried And True Margarita Recipe??

Decorating By chikie Updated 30 Sep 2008 , 3:09pm by chikie

chikie Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 11:04pm
post #1 of 4

Does anyone have a good Margarita cake recipe that actually taste like a margarita?

Thanks,
Tiffany

3 replies
levinea Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 1:44pm
post #2 of 4

I have one that I have used twice, but it's a doctored box mix. I got the recipe off the net and the original recipe called for an orange boxed cake mix. I couldn't find that, so instead I used a yellow box mix and added a few drops of Lorann Lime Oil.

1 box yellow cake mix
1 package instant vanilla pudding mix
4 eggs
2/3 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup tequila
2 tablespoons triple sec liqueur
Few drops lime oil

I just mix it all together (adding lime oil last, add to taste) and bake at 325, keep checking it until I'm done. This cake doesn't bake up very high for me, so it's not easy to tort, but it tastes good.

BCo Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 2:12pm
post #3 of 4

I found this recipe on the net and everyone loves it - I add Tequila to the mix which wasn't in the original recipe but I think it really adds to the true Margarita flavor. I am also writing down the Key Lime Cream Cheese Icing that I use - perfect combo! I have only made cupcakes out of this recipe but I'm sure it would work fine in a regular cake form.

Margarita Cupcakes
1 pkg white cake mix
1 can frozen Margarita Mix - thawed. (I scoop out about 1/3 of the concentrate and replace it with Tequilla - just add it right in with the thawed mix to reach the top of the can and then give it a stir to mix it together)
3 egg whites
1 Tbls Lime Zest

Preheat oven to350
Combine cake mix, margarita/tequilla mixture, eggs and oil with an electric mixer for 2 mins. Stir in Lime Zest and mix in completely. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake for 22-24 mins.

Key Lime Cream Cheese Icing
8 Tbls (1 stick) butter softened
1 pkg (8oz) Cream Cheese softened
2 Tbls Key Lime Juice
1 tsp Lime or Lemon Zest (I usually do Lemon to balance out the lime in the cake mix)
4-5 cups Powdered Sugar

Cream butter, cream cheese, lime juice and zest until light and fluffy. Add 4 cups powdered sugar one cup at a time and beat until fluffy. If icing is too thin add extra powdered sugar one Tbls at a time.

chikie Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 3:09pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks, that key lime filling sounds yummy! icon_razz.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%