How Would I Make These Cakes??

Decorating By lvspaisley Updated 1 Oct 2008 , 2:43am by lvspaisley

lvspaisley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lvspaisley Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 9:29pm
post #1 of 10

I found these cakes in the bridal shower gallery. I've been asked to do a cake for a friend of a friend's shower and I'd like to do one of these, but I honestly don't know where to start. I've taken the Wilton classes 1 and 2 but not 3...how would I go about doing these cakes? Can anyone share how these might be created? I can do basketweave, no problem, but know nothing about the satin ice or whatever it is nor do I know how in the world to make a corset cake, what pans I would need, etc.

Help??
LL
LL

9 replies
abslu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abslu Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 10:16pm
post #2 of 10

for the corset shapped one, it looks like 2 heart shaped cakes, with the tips cut down a little bit, with . . . . . . . it might be wondermold pan . . . cakes for the boobs? there are several in the galleries and I know some of them have shape/size pan information with them. Good luck, these are really cute cakes!!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 10:22pm
post #3 of 10

The 2nd one is 2 heart shaped cakes and 2 mini doll skirts (or possibably 1/2 balls) cakes put together.
The hearts are put on a board point to point (the points are cut off some so it fits together better). The 1/2 cakes/minis are place on top of one of the hearts and all iced w/b'cream.

the top one is just 2 layers of round cakes w/a cut to shape teddy probably cut form rolled out fondant.
Though hard to tell looks to me like the sides of the round is covered w/the same 'squiggles' used on the top of the 'teddy'. (The squiggles are an attempt to do cornelli.)
If yhou need more info just ask.

liapsim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liapsim Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 10:39pm
post #4 of 10

For my corset cake, I did a 12x19 sheet cake and then 2 small ball cakes for the boobs. Just carve the sheet cake like a waist! It's in my photos...good luck!

angelcakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelcakes5 Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 10:48pm
post #5 of 10

I made mine using a 12x18 sheet and the ball pan size. I just carved out the shape of the body. It was super easy. Mine is all buttercream smoothed. Good luck and post pics!

lvspaisley Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 12:11am
post #6 of 10

Angelcakes...do you have a picture posted of the one you did? I noticed you did the pink corset cake...how did you make the corset? I've never worked with Satin Ice...could I do it?

angelcakes5 Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 12:13pm
post #7 of 10

lvspaisley, I just pmed you about the pink corset. I am not at home right now but when I do go home I will post the other cake I did. Satin ice is pretty easy to work with, just like your normal fondant but taste better than Wilton fondant.

lvspaisley Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 4:05pm
post #8 of 10

Thank you all for your replies! You guys ROCK icon_lol.gif

angelcakes5 Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 12:25am
post #9 of 10

I added the cake I did with the corset, its blue and black in my photos. Something similar to what you were looking for. All buttercream. I used a 12x18 sheet and I used the ball pan.

lvspaisley Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 2:43am
post #10 of 10

Thank you icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%