Have You Seen A Cake Like This?

Decorating By cakesbycathy Updated 30 Sep 2008 , 12:33pm by bethola

cakesbycathy Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 7:34pm
post #1 of 7

I have a bride who would like a square cake decorated similar to her dress. The dress has a lace pattern on the bodice. Her colors are black, white and red. She is thinking about doing the lace affect in red.

Are there any pictures out there of cake like this? I am having trouble searching the gallery icon_confused.gificon_cry.gif

Thanks!

6 replies
Rocketgirl899 Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 12:18am
post #3 of 7

What about buying some lace like this?

This is a cake by "eriksmom" she is on CC.
LL

deliciously_decadent Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 8:03am
post #4 of 7

here are two of my absolute favorite cakes on this sight and both are in dress style so i thought i would throw them in here the first is by toneda:
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1210605
the second is by spottydog
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=955843
i am still trying to come up with a way of talking a bride into letting me replicate one of these for them i just love them!!!!

snowshoe1 Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 12:16pm
post #5 of 7

I don't have any pictures for you, but one of the CC members showed me a great way to get this effect on your cake by placing the lace on the cake, apply a thin coat of RI, and lift off the lace - makes a perfect stencil.

It would make a beautiful effect for the cake you describe since she wants the lace effect in red.

lisad1 Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 12:31pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowshoe1

I don't have any pictures for you, but one of the CC members showed me a great way to get this effect on your cake by placing the lace on the cake, apply a thin coat of RI, and lift off the lace - makes a perfect stencil.

Lace can make the perfect stencil, even easier than RI is to airbrush or use canned spray.

bethola Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 12:33pm
post #7 of 7

Okay, at the risk of "dating" myself. When I was a teenager (never mind the year) the "cool" guys used to "lace" their cars by putting lace on the car and airbrushing it. Don't see why that wouldn't work with a cake as well.

Having said that I agree with snowshoe1. For a wedding especially. It will take a while, but, the bride will love you for it! Use the airbrush idea for a birthday cake or something! Hey! Maybe "I" will use the airbrush idea! LOL

Keep on Cakin and Bakin!

Beth in KY

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%