Bavarian Creme Filling - Must Be Refrigerated??

Decorating By pickndazys Updated 1 Oct 2008 , 11:15pm by ceshell

pickndazys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pickndazys Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 6:42pm
post #1 of 8

I have a three tiered wedding cake with bavarian creme filling to do. When I agreed to do it, I didn't realize that the bavarian creme would need to stay refrigerated. I really don't have a lot of refrigerator room, so I'm not sure what to do. Especially because I wanted to have it completely stacked and everything ahead of time, and I know I can't fit that in my fridge. Also, the cake will be sitting out at the reception hall as well. Is there a way to do bavarian creme that's stable? I've seen commercially prepared bavarian creme for sale, but I'm not sure if it can be left out. Suggestions would be very much appreciated.

7 replies
MaisieBake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaisieBake Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 6:47pm
post #2 of 8

The stuff in the plastic packaging can probably be left out (check the package). The real thing needs to be refrigerated.

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 6:53pm
post #3 of 8

Once the packaged filling is opened, it does require refrigeration.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 11:37pm
post #4 of 8

I have used the commercial bavarian for yrs and yrs and never frig'd the cakes. No problem.

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 7:01am
post #5 of 8

There is a mock bavarian cream on here posted by ShirleyW in the recipes section, if you have concerns about using the sleeve filling. I've tried it and although I don't care for it on its own (I'm not a fan of dairy substitutes) it worked quite well in the cake and I know it was one of her most popular fillings. Of course you have to live somewhere where you can get your hands on some Pastry Pride.

pickndazys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pickndazys Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 2:37pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks so much for your help!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 6:40pm
post #7 of 8

ceshell said:....you have to live somewhere where you can get your hands on some Pastry Pride.....

Rich's Bettercreme can be sub'd.

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 11:15pm
post #8 of 8

Aha! Didn't know that as the Rich's they carry by me is ONLY the chocolate kind icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%