Getting Legal & Moving

Business By lkoenig07 Updated 29 Sep 2008 , 7:47pm by -K8memphis

lkoenig07 Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 5:26pm
post #1 of 4

Hi all,
I really want to get legal so I can start my own little cake biz. But the problem is, my hubby is in the Marines and is going active next year, so we're going to be doing a lot of moving in the next few years. So my question is: How do I go about getting legal, how much will it cost, and what do I do since I'll be moving a lot? Will I need to get legal in every state I move to??

3 replies
moxey2000 Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 5:42pm
post #2 of 4

Every state has their own laws regulating the food service industry. Some have "cottage" laws, which allow home cooks, other don't. You would need to comply with the laws of each state you live in.

You may have to put your cake career on hold (at least the legal aspects of it) while your husband is active duty, if you know you're going to be moving around the country.

lkoenig07 Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 7:38pm
post #3 of 4

ok thank you

-K8memphis Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 7:47pm
post #4 of 4

You need to know it's not only every state it's at least every county in every state if not every municipality. Believe me I wish it wasn't so. icon_biggrin.gif Because it's legal in Tennessee but not in my county icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%