New Royal Icing Receipe

Baking By allcake247 Updated 30 Sep 2008 , 3:17pm by micki53

allcake247 Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 5:10pm
post #1 of 8

Hi, does anyone have the receipe for the royal icing that you can pick up from the paper and place it on the cake like it was plastic. I saw it on the show "amazing wedding cakes", the Cake Attiler in NY showed it on the show last nite. She made a spider web, saying it was like royal icing. I'd like to have it if anyone has used it before. If you havent see the show, please try to catch it. They have three cake bakeries that are aired, they show how they make their cakes. The Cake Divas, the Cake Girls and the Cake Attlier (spelling?). Its a great show. Good tips you can get from it as well.

7 replies
sweetpea1972 Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 5:41pm
post #2 of 8

I would also love to know how to do that!

sweetflowers Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 5:54pm
post #3 of 8

Most likely that person was using a product called 'sugar veil'. It's a product you buy, like a premade royal icing, and then you pipe with it.

archanac Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 5:56pm
post #4 of 8

Not sure if this is what you are referring to, but there is another topic which I think might have answered your question:

allcake247 Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 2:18pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks for your responses, I went to the other site and saw that allot of us had indeed seen the show, and you can order it.

alvarezmom Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 2:31pm
post #6 of 8

There is another thread about this..let me find it now...brb

alvarezmom Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 2:35pm
post #7 of 8

Okay found it. Take a look at this forum. Redhotmommaof3 even posts the recipe that she used

micki53 Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 3:17pm
post #8 of 8

Sugar veil is the name of the item you need. Its not royal icing but is edible..Go to for more info.

Quote by @%username% on %date%