Sugar Cookie Question

Baking By cakelovincrazy Updated 29 Sep 2008 , 6:29pm by Honeydukes

cakelovincrazy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelovincrazy Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 4:53pm
post #1 of 2

I found a recipe for sugar cookies that calls for 3 tbsp of cream. Ok, here is the dumb question, what kind of cream, heavy whipping cream or is there some other kind of cream?
Next question, can I use Indydebi's Crisco-Based Buttercream Icing to decorate the cookies. I was planning on making her buttercream icing -today anyway for my daughter's b-day cake this weekend and since I had to make it anyway I was hoping I could use on the sugar cookies that I have to make for a play date tomorrow.
I can't use RI for the cookie decorations because my daughter is allergic to egg whites.

1 reply
Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 6:29pm
post #2 of 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakelovincrazy

I found a recipe for sugar cookies that calls for 3 tbsp of cream. Ok, here is the dumb question, what kind of cream, heavy whipping cream or is there some other kind of cream?
Next question, can I use Indydebi's Crisco-Based Buttercream Icing to decorate the cookies. ...

Not a dumb question. I use pasteurized heavy cream. There is a slight difference in the % of fat. Whipping cream has additives to make it more stable when whipped. Either should work just fine. The big difference comes when you are whipping them.

You can most definitely ice cookies with buttercream. You won't be able to stack them, but they will be yummy.

Have you tried Toba Garrett's Glace' Icing?
http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2119-Toba-Garretts-Glace-Icing.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%