Where Do You Find Wine Charms?

Lounge By redhare Updated 22 Oct 2008 , 1:10pm by cmp24

redhare Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redhare Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 4:35pm
post #1 of 17

I want some pin up girl wine charms and I found this site while searching and fell in LOVE but obviously this person crafted these herself (she looks familar I keep thinking I saw that pic here but who knows).

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=97160.0

scroll part of the way down and you'll see a pic of the wine charms ! I think they are just AWESOME and I love them and I can't seem to figure out a way to contact that person w/o joining that site......

ANYWAY, I have found some that looks like they are in bottlecaps which I don't like. SO I was wondering if y'all might know of a place for me to look obviously they won't look exactly like the ones in the link but that way you get an idea of what I have in my mind.

THANKS SO MUCH for you help, I'm so clueless when it comes to this stuff I rarely drink so where to buy stuff in regards to drinking is so difficult for me. I really appreciate y'alls help.

16 replies
mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 4:59pm
post #2 of 17

Try searching ebay or amazon. I know that Amazon has bar stuff and I'm sure that ebay has things too, I don't know what designs they'd have though.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 12:45am
post #3 of 17

They look like Shrinky Dinks. You can make your own wine charms using earring wires and beads at the craft store. Check etsy.com also. Here is a link:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_list_19&listing_id=9582275

redhare Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 2:45pm
post #4 of 17

I saw that it even said it was shrinky dinks on the thing but I don't even know where to find those anymore. I am at Michaels all the time and never see it there.... Of course it would have to be on regular paper so I could print the pin ups on there huh??

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 9:28pm
post #5 of 17

I was having a thought about how it would work to make the charms themselves out of sugarpaste, it dries really hard and would last a long time.

Just print your photos as an edible image and glue them to the sugarpaste, just like you would do a marquee for a cake or cookies.

Just an idea.

MichelleM77 Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 9:44pm
post #6 of 17

You can buy shrink plastic in the glass painting area at the craft store. I think it's by Plaid. That's where I found it a few years ago.

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 6:43am
post #7 of 17

I LOVE Shrinky Dinks!

Here are some pictures (not the same ones in the photo) but they might work for you.
http://www.zmtg.com/images/PinUpGirlsArt.jpg

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 8:28am
post #8 of 17

Pretty PinUps!

redhare Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 12:02am
post #9 of 17

Thanks Honeydukes I haven't seen some of those before!

I will have to just try them out and see what I can do I suppose I appreciate y'alls help!!!!!

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 4:21am
post #10 of 17

My pleasure. Have fun making them and we'd love to see what you come up with!

redhare Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 3:25pm
post #11 of 17

thanks, I went to the store and bought the lil beads and the shrinky dinks stuff but they didn't have any of the silver loop things I'll have to hit up JoAnns one day soon

MichelleM77 Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 4:07pm
post #12 of 17

You can make your own ear wires by just bending the ends with a pair of round-nosed pliers; one into a closed loop, the other end an open loop so that the closed loop slips over it. You can buy spools of the wire in the jewelry aisle too. Probably cheaper that way also.

MichelleM77 Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 4:08pm
post #13 of 17

I meant to say you can make your own by bending the ends of wire.

redhare Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 9:53pm
post #14 of 17

I didn't think of that thanks. I was just thinking buy it. I have wire here DUH sorry I wasn't even thinking Thanks for the help

MichelleM77 Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 1:14am
post #15 of 17

No problem! I was a repair jeweler for Jared's and so I automatically think of what I can make before I buy it. icon_smile.gif

KitchenWytch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenWytch Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 2:44am
post #16 of 17

I get mine at etsy.com. A site of things homemade and vintage.
My wine glass charms were cheap (moons/stars). 6 charms for
2 bucks.

Look around the site. icon_smile.gif

cmp24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmp24 Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 1:10pm
post #17 of 17

I agree to make your own. It would be a lot easier, and you could use whatever dangle you wanted then. If not try lake side collection, i've seen them in there before. Check there website.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%