The Amazing Race

Lounge By michellenj Updated 12 Dec 2008 , 12:12pm by Bijoudelanuit

michellenj Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 2:58pm
post #1 of 65

Did any of you catch the premiere last night? I wasn't blown away, but it usually takes me a couple of episodes to get into the season.

64 replies
Marksgirl Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 3:29pm
post #2 of 65

My husband and I were happy to watch Amazing Race last night. I really don't have any favorites yet. I sort of like the mother and son. I think the couple where the guy is layed back and the girl isn't, I don't think I like them.

I was glad to see the bee keepers gone. I don't think I could look at all that hair for very much longer.

janelwaters Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 3:49pm
post #3 of 65

we watched it last night too - I'm the same way, takes me a few episodes to get into it, but then I'm like an addict!

I'm glad the bee keepers were gone too - I told my husband that they didn't make it b/c their hair was holding them back!! haha!

butternut Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 4:18pm
post #4 of 65

Awww, I was kinda sorry to see the bee keepers go. They were a bit strange but I thought they were so nice. There are two couples that stand out right now that I don't care much for. Let's see, the first couple are Terence and Sarah. Terence is the one who tells his partner who she can talk to and who she can't and how she should feel about everything etc..... icon_mad.gif he really gets under my skin. I keep wanting to shake her and tell her to get a backbone. The other couple is Ken and Tina. Ken is the one who cheated on his wife. He seems to be alright but I don't care for her at all. But it's still early. We'll see how it all plays out.

michellenj Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 6:06pm
post #5 of 65

I kind of wanted the bee keepers to stay, too, and the separated couple to go. I don't think that I will like them.

janelwaters Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 7:07pm
post #6 of 65

I thought she was pretty snippy too! i wish I knew where they were in their seperation - like how long ago did he cheat on her etc. Might be why she is so mean to him! Not to defend her - just sayin!

butternut Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 7:13pm
post #7 of 65

Supposidly, they have been seperated for 9 months and living on different coasts. However, they are now trying to put their marriage back together. His problem with her is said to be that she is too controlling. That doesn't surprise me.

Ohara Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 12:22am
post #8 of 65

I love this show. It also takes me a few shows to get favorites. I was not fond of Tina and Ken, time will tell. I look forward to the next show.

Ironbaker Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 1:44am
post #9 of 65

I <3 this show so much.

You guys have mentioned many of my own sentiments so far. Terrence is too high maintenance and controlling. I couldn't believe he told her she couldn't climb and talk. And then pitched a fit because she was talking to other teams at the pit stop instead of spending time with him. Ugh.

The separated couple are going to pluck my nerves too because of the wife. I can understand how she is still hurt/mad but she said she "forgave" him. So how long do you make someone pay? You can tell he's just trying to bite his tongue and go along. I was laughing at him blowing the whistle when she told him to (to get a cab). haha

I kinda liked the beekeepers too but gosh, I wanted to turn them into extreme makeover.

Oh, and I <3 Phil.

tcturtleshell Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 2:48am
post #10 of 65

BB is over, now my new addiction begins! I love AR!! I like the Mom/Son team. That Tina chick looks like the ugly blond chick in the movie Crybaby (Johnny Depp). She's had a few too many surgeries. I don't like the frat boys, the black headed one is a baby. icon_sad.gif The brother & sister team might be fun to watch. We'll see. Don't have an opinion on anyone else. I do know that I would have loved to climb down that building!!! Awesome!!

Ironbaker Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 5:58pm
post #11 of 65

Terrence is so high maintenance and needy. But it is amusing to watch those two in action. "I'm bleeding." "I don't see anything" "well I am!" icon_lol.gif

He and Tina were still annoying this week. Tina was too much with the "everyone owes me" attitude. I seriously doubt she single handedly got them to change planes. They probably saw the benefit ($$) of using a bigger plane.

So far I like the mom/son team and the long distance daters.

janelwaters Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 6:04pm
post #12 of 65

Ok - so last nights show didn't start on time and i missed more than half of it and couldn't dvr it b/c the time was wrong! Dexter (on showtime) was more important than the amazing race - sorry!!

so, I saw to the point where those silly girls were digging in the sand/mud by the flag b/c they read the clue wrong. What happened and who didn't make it??

tcturtleshell Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 6:19pm
post #13 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbaker

Terrence is so high maintenance and needy. But it is amusing to watch those two in action. "I'm bleeding." "I don't see anything" "well I am!" icon_lol.gif

He and Tina were still annoying this week. Tina was too much with the "everyone owes me" attitude. I seriously doubt she single handedly got them to change planes. They probably saw the benefit ($$) of using a bigger plane.

So far I like the mom/son team and the long distance daters.

Ditto, I agree with everything you said Tam~ thumbs_up.gif

butternut Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 6:27pm
post #14 of 65

I was going to ditto Ironbaker but tcturtleshell you dittoed her before I could.. Sooo, I ditto tcturtleshells ditto to Ironbaker icon_lol.gif

Ironbaker Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 8:28pm
post #15 of 65

icon_lol.gif @ butternut

Janel, those poor girls were having a very bad day. They were digging for a non-existent bottle (which was hilarious) and then vowed to read their clues completely. Then didn't read the next clue about keeping your cab. lol

That other couple were eliminated...the ones who were relying on the show to see if they should get married. I don't remember their names. He didn't seem to really want to get married, she seemed to be pushing it.

Oh, and I like the comic book geeks too! They are very smart racers. I laughed out loud when he quoted yoda in a yoda voice. It was way too good.

janelwaters Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 8:46pm
post #16 of 65

LOL!! I love it when the teams don't pay attention and you can just sit back and laugh at their stupidity!

I will never forget the season that they all put gas in their diesel cars!! HAHAHA and it was printed right on the gas cap! I thought I was going to pee my pants laughing that time!

I will have to see if the show is on demand and watch it again.

michellenj Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 1:09pm
post #17 of 65

The yoda voice was funny.

How about the guy that got hit in the head being such a baby about a small bump on his head? My 3 year old would have made less of a fuss. I can't stand men that are pansies like that.

And (tina?) the separated couple-they acted like they thought everyone should kiss hteir feet b/c they "got the airline to switch to a bigger plane." Yeah, sure they did.

michellenj Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 12:58pm
post #18 of 65

Can you believe the big deal that girl was making about her sports bra? Sheesh. And why was it in a space that someone could knock/throw it off, anyway?

Is this the second week that Ken and Tina came in first? I missed the end last week, thanks to "60 Minutes" running late and my DVR cut the end off.

butternut Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 1:10pm
post #19 of 65

Geeeez, everyone is being eliminated that I like. I think this is the second week that Ken and Tina have come in first place. I can't believe how many teams this season have not read their instructions completely. I guess they just get in a hurry and don't pay enough attention to detail. Big mistake, obviously. Yeah, the thing with the sports bra was so stupid.

janelwaters Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 1:17pm
post #20 of 65

I missed again last night - who got eliminated???

butternut Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 1:24pm
post #21 of 65

The two friends, Mark and Bill were eliminated.

janelwaters Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 1:27pm
post #22 of 65

The computer geeks?? the ones that didn't read the clue and took a taxi - that was the last that I saw.

I really liked them!

butternut Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 1:34pm
post #23 of 65

Yep, the computer geeks. Yeah, I liked them too. They took the taxi instead of walking. They were then penalized 30 minutes for taking the taxi. During those 30 minutes, the last team arrived. Therefore, they (Mark and Bill) then became the last team and were eliminated. That must have been a really hard way to lose.

michellenj Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 3:38pm
post #24 of 65

I liked them too. They were surprised that they lost on a mental part of a challenge, they figured they would be eliminated due to a physical portion.

Ironbaker Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 4:12pm
post #25 of 65

I hated to see that happen, they were good racers despite that one mistake. I was disappointed Terrence and Sarah figured their mistake out.

I missed the part about the sports bra, what happened?

michellenj Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 7:48pm
post #26 of 65

One girl accused another team of throwing/knocking her sports bra off a ledge, and would not let it go!

michellenj Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 7:56pm
post #27 of 65

One of the divorcees thought that Starr did it. Had to go find out their names.

Have you noticed how the southern belles keep saying that they are smart and people keep underestimating them, yet they never do anything particularly intelligent? They are always close to last, if not last, in nearly everything.

becklynn Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 8:54pm
post #28 of 65

Hey iron and turtle - didn't know ya'll watched the race too! Yea I'm a fan!
Becky

Yes I hated to see those guys go! I had a bad feeling when I saw that they had taken the taxi!! I kept hoping they'd read the clue again! The southern bells and divorced women are getting annoying - aren't they the ones that were digging in the sand last week??
Although kinda felt bad when one of them wiped out on those rickety bikes! OUCH

michellenj Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 8:44pm
post #29 of 65

OMG-it was so funny when she wiped out on the bike! She really banged her head. DH and I kept rewinding it and replaying it. I'm surprised she wasn't hurt-I bet she was sore, though! Luckily, they were wearing helmets.

Ironbaker Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 12:41am
post #30 of 65

Becklyn!!! Good to see you, I hope you are well. icon_smile.gif

icon_lol.gif Michelle, the wipeout was rough! Just watching them was making me nervous. Thanks, I completely missed the SportsBra-gate.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%