Anyone Have Pfeil & Holing Leveler?

Decorating By mqguffey Updated 1 Oct 2008 , 2:37am by mqguffey

mqguffey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mqguffey Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 1:50pm
post #1 of 7

I was wondering whether anyone has the cake leveler from Pfeil & Holing and what they thought of it.

Here's the link.

http://www.cakedeco.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_prod.html?p_prodid=782&p_catid=213&page=4

It's on page 4 of baking utensils, miscellaneous.

Thanks!

6 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 8:55pm
post #2 of 7

I don't have it but if I was going to spend $113 I'd spend $150 and get the agbay.

bettle71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bettle71 Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 6:36am
post #3 of 7

I ve never used before, but i wil say that if you get a professional serrated knife and freeze the cake for an hour before you cut the cake, you will get a nice clean cut.
Good Luck

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 9:56pm
post #4 of 7

I don't personally have the Agbay yet..but it looks a lot nicer than the one that you have there. And it's not too much more money. I'm hoping to get the Agbay for Christmas. Seriously, just google the Agbay -- there really is a big visual difference.

Goodluck with your decision!

brnrlvr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brnrlvr Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 10:24pm
post #5 of 7

If I bought no other special tool, I would buy the agbay leveler. It is worth EVERY PENNY it costs. I will gauentee you will not be as happy with the one from P&H because it doesn't look like it has the feet the agbay does which keeps it level. If you watch the demo on agbays website, it shows them torting a layer 7 or 8 times. I thought, "yea, right" when I saw it, but it is really true!! I would stop decorating if I had to give it up!!Spend the extra and get the agbay!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 12:35am
post #6 of 7

Seriously, save another $40 and get the Agbay. You will never regret it!!!!

mqguffey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mqguffey Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 2:37am
post #7 of 7

Sounds like a unanimous endorsement to me icon_smile.gif

Thank you all!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%