Opinion On 3D Cookie Kit

Business By GeminiRJ Updated 3 Oct 2008 , 11:31am by GeminiRJ

GeminiRJ Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 12:03pm
post #1 of 7

Many of you are probably already aware of my 3D cookie cutter kit. (I'll attach a photo and hope it shows). I've reached a crossroads and would appreciate everyone's two cents. The cutter for the clown shape (which also does Santa, some Halloween...anything with a hat) was not manufactured very consistently. I'm going to have to junk a large percentage of those cutters, and I only have about 40 decent cutters left of that shape. So...I'm wondering if I should rework the booklets so that any design using the clown shape would come with modified instructions on how to create them (like a triangle pattern that would have to be cut by hand and placed on the top of the teddy bear shape, minus the ears). Or should I rework the booklets so that only the designs with the teddy bear shape are included. Either way, I'll be combining everything into one booklet instead of two, once the original booklets are all sold.

6 replies
-K8memphis Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 10:12am
post #2 of 7

Is there no way to manipulate the wonky cutters into shape??

I love your ideas.

GeminiRJ Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 11:39am
post #3 of 7

I set aside quite a few of the ones that were borderline, and I will see if I can make them work. With the powder coating, I'm afraid it will chip off when bent. They're also made from a very stiff stainless steel, and it doesn't bend easily!

-K8memphis Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 11:49am
post #4 of 7

I guess you can't return them and have them done over or you'd have done that huh. I don't think I ever heard of powder coated cookie cutters.

Hope that all works out.

GeminiRJ Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 12:03pm
post #5 of 7

Next time you're looking at cutters, check out the ones in colors. Wilton has quite a few. If I had given thought to needing to bend the cutters, I would have spent the extra money to have the steel polished as opposed to coated. But price was an issue, and I'm already at the breaking point for many decorators.

marknelliesmum Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 7:37pm
post #6 of 7

Just want to add my tuppence worth....your cutters are not only good value but good quality too and your booklets are great also.

Re the booklets i'd maybe suggest you add the extra stuff - i've not yet tried my set yet (just been too busy) but i know when i do I will use the idiot proof instructions being a newbie, i'm a cookie virgin icon_redface.gif however, real cookie monsters icon_lol.gif who are more experienced and adventurous would probably appreciate the added challenge of more difficult cookies - either way you will be providing for different levels of expertise which has got to be a plus.

Good luck whatever you decide - your cookies are amazing thumbs_up.gif

GeminiRJ Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 11:31am
post #7 of 7

Thanks so much! It helps to get opinions from people who aren't as close to the subject as I am, because it's so hard to be objective.

Quote by @%username% on %date%