Jonas Brothers Cake! Please Give Me Ideas.

Decorating By AKA_cupcakeshoppe Updated 24 Oct 2008 , 9:21pm by SammiJo02

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 10:01am
post #1 of 11

My nephew is turning 2 this october. I was supposed to make him a winnie the pooh cake but just a few days ago I asked him if he's excited about the Pooh cake and he now says he wants a Jonas Brothers cake!

So off I went, looking for ideas. I thought maybe he'd like a drum kit cake like this

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1170142

He's almost 3 and he's a great drummer. (He also knows how to read and spell, he's a freak and I love him)

When I showed him the pic, he thought it was cool. He went, "Ohhhh! Drums!!!" So I thought he would go for it but then he asked, "Where's my Jonas Brothers cake?"

WAH!!!!!

So please give me ideas. He wants to SEE the Jonas Brothers on the cake and I don't have an edible printer. Can I do this using FBCT? How? I really wanted a whimsical kind of cake. Maybe I can print out some pics of the brothers and laminate them and just stick them onto the cake. would that be cheating?

Please help me out. Thanks guys!

10 replies
jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 4:46pm
post #2 of 11

I did one a few months ago. They only wanted a sheet cake, so you would have to adapt it for your needs. I laminated a picture of the Jonas Brothers between two pieces of contact paper, placed that on the cake, and framed it with a wavy border. As long as you're not selling the cake, that would be a way you could do it. That way your nephew gets to keep the picture long after the cake is gone.

mrsw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsw Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 4:58pm
post #3 of 11

I love the laminated photo idea - I'll have to use that next time for DS birthday. Anyway, does your nephew have all the CD's from the Jonas Brothers? If not, why not include them on his cake? That way the cake and the CD's could be his gift? Just a thought. Good luck and post pictures

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 5:26pm
post #4 of 11

thanks jammjenks and mrsw! he doesn't have the cd but i do have their videos on my laptop and whenever he comes to visit us he immediately makes a beeline for my laptop and demands to watch the videos. he watches them over and over and over. LOL

the laminated photo is a great idea. That way I could just make a "neutral" cake and just stick the pic on there and he'd be happy. icon_smile.gif

i totally messed up my original post though. he's turning 3 this october, not 2. icon_biggrin.gif

pinklesley1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklesley1 Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 5:45pm
post #5 of 11

i love the drum cake idea. and you can put the jonas brothers logo on it...

yvy_cano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yvy_cano Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 6:02pm
post #6 of 11

Ioffer sells the edible images already, you might want to check it out.

delicious_designs7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delicious_designs7 Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 6:24pm
post #7 of 11

Here's mine:
LL

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 5:17am
post #8 of 11

delicious designs, that looks awesome. is that an edible image?

i can't really do an edible image. i'm from Asia and I don't know if they would even ship this far. or if i could afford the price.

pinklesley, that was my idea too, but the little guy WANTS TO SEE (that's his words LOL) them on his cake. He even asked if I could make them move. oh my. LOL

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 4:00pm
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammjenks

I did one a few months ago. They only wanted a sheet cake, so you would have to adapt it for your needs. I laminated a picture of the Jonas Brothers between two pieces of contact paper, placed that on the cake, and framed it with a wavy border. As long as you're not selling the cake, that would be a way you could do it. That way your nephew gets to keep the picture long after the cake is gone.

finally made the cake! I made a drum cake and placed a laminated picture of the brothers on top. He LOVED it!

pic can be found here

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1279175.html

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 4:04pm
post #10 of 11

It looks great! No wonder he loved it. I think the fondant looks fine. It would easily work in bc too, which is how I'd probably have to do it. I'm sure he will carry that picture around for a while.

SammiJo02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SammiJo02 Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 9:21pm
post #11 of 11

The tour bus is justa a standard black, with the JB symbol and "Jonas Brothers" wrote on the side. but it has thousands of signatures all over it from all of their fans. It might be something he would recognize, because they show it a lot on the Disney Channel. I have a son that is three and he loves the Jonas Brothers, too. (He has two older sisters) I hope that this helps. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%