What Kind Of Airbrush Machine Would You Guys Recommend?

Decorating By dcabrera Updated 30 Sep 2008 , 12:53am by kosmonot

dcabrera Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dcabrera Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 6:25am
post #1 of 5

I've only been caking for about 3 months, but I hate coloring fondant and buttercream. Any suggestions? I just want something that does the job and isn't too high maintanance.

4 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 8:57pm
post #2 of 5

The aztek 470 is almost no maintenance. No needle to bend or clean. Just run water through it and clean the little cups. It comes with several different nozels for fine detail work or broad coverage. It just depends on what your budget is.

nissi01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nissi01 Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 11:13pm
post #3 of 5

I am also looking for an airbrush kit. i went to my local Michaels and AC Moore. I didnt see anything that had a compressor included. The guy at AC Moore told me to check out ebay. I did and they had a couple of good ones. They're worth checking out. Some of the kits even had the food coloring included.

Denise

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 12:44am
post #4 of 5

Just be sure to keep your pressure under 30 psi or you will blow holes in your frosting.

kosmonot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kosmonot Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 12:53am
post #5 of 5

DecoPac has good complete sets. I have used the Purple compressor and Badger 100GB for a few years now with no probs. I recommend to all my friends who decorate. Badger has good help and it's made in USA. I did have prior negative experience with a china knock off from airbrush city, so I do discourage friends from trying to save a few bucks on a cheaper product that is a precision piece of equipment.

koz out

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%