Cc Saved Me!!!

Decorating By mbpbrighteyes Updated 29 Sep 2008 , 2:44am by vickymacd

mbpbrighteyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbpbrighteyes Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 2:25am
post #1 of 4

Just felt like I needed to give a big THANK YOU to everyone out there! I did a cake today that I seriously don't think I could have made it through without all of you guys. I'm new to "officially" decorating- only finishing the 2nd wilton course this week, and pretty much self taught most of what I do know. Been wanting to get into cakes for some time- had finally made a decision to go back to school last fall and then our baby was diagnosed with cancer and well, my hopes had to be put on hold. Anyhow, the baby shower cake I did today was moved up a week.. no big deal... or so I thought. My son had to be taken to the ER and was admitted for seizures and an unexplained fever, both of our family cars died, my right hand/wrist is in a cast.. yeah, one of those weeks. However, I left the hospital this morning to put together the cake and get it delivered and every step of the way, I thought of you wonderful ladies and guys that put so much information, ideas and help out there. I didn't have to stress! Kept thinking of the tutorials, forums and everything else that's taught me so many things! The cake made it... looked decent all things considered and I have you guys to thank!! I am so very grateful there are others out there willing to teach, inspire and share the passion!!

3 replies
isabelianico Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
isabelianico Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 2:32am
post #2 of 4

I also would second that thank you since I am probably not one of the ones that you have learned from as I too am still learning icon_smile.gif But I'm sorry that your week was so crazy and I think it's great that you are taking to time to thank some generous people on here who really put the effort in.

shellzey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shellzey Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 2:34am
post #3 of 4

i am so sorry to hear about your child's illness and the so many other stresses in your life. i'm sure cake decorating and CC is a creative outlet and a bright spot in your life. that's how i see it as well.

i will definitely be praying for you and your child. God will can do miracles. keep us posted on how you are doing and feel free to post on here if you need to talk and need support =)

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 2:44am
post #4 of 4

Sending strength to you and your family. Somehow, we all draw on strength from others as well, and hope that CC will help you through this difficult time for you with knowledge, encouragement and friendship.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%