New Wedding Cake Show On Tv

Decorating By Justbeck101 Updated 3 Oct 2008 , 12:08am by janelwaters

Justbeck101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Justbeck101 Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 1:44am
post #1 of 19

There is a new wedding cake show on "WE tv". It is the same channel that Bridezillas is on. It is on at 9:00 pm central. I think today is the first time it has been on.

18 replies
CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 1:49am
post #2 of 19

Are you talking about the show 'Amazing Wedding Cakes'? It's like a multi-shop cake decorating show - interesting people. icon_biggrin.gif

hummingbird59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hummingbird59 Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 2:00am
post #3 of 19

It has been on before but I just caught the end and can never remember when it is on. Thanks for the reminder. I love Ace of Cake, eventhough I will never be able to make anything like their cakes. Do the really eat those???

cookieaddict Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookieaddict Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 2:02am
post #4 of 19

That is the one. It is about three different bakeries located in LA, New York and Chicago. Two shows have aired so far.

Sugarchic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarchic Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 2:06am
post #5 of 19

I am watching the new episode right now on WE. They are doing a gothic wedding cake in NY

ailika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ailika Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 2:08am
post #6 of 19

Yes, but today's episodes are repeats from last week

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 2:10am
post #7 of 19

Ok - watching this right now...and I have a problem - I really really don't like the one girl from the place in NY doing the Goth cake! Did you see her face when she was meeting with the client!!!

Would you ever make a face like that at someone else's idea - that you will profit off of!!!!

What a witch!!

cakedesigner59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedesigner59 Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 2:19am
post #8 of 19

I like this show, but have to agree that the gals in New York are kinda boring...boring cakes, boring to watch them make their gumpaste flowers over and over. I love the CakeGirls in Chicago!

janelwaters Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 2:23am
post #9 of 19

Love the cakegirls too! REALLY really don't like that chick in NY - I like the girl that makes the cakes - but I don't like the other girl. And...btw...didn't like their roses either!! Man am I grouchy tonight!!

Ok - reality - I have cake envy tonight!!

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 2:29am
post #10 of 19

I wanna cry, I can't find WE up in Canada! icon_sad.gif

Have a great night ladies and I am envious! LOL

Best,
Karen

ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 4:26am
post #11 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelwaters

Ok - watching this right now...and I have a problem - I really really don't like the one girl from the place in NY doing the Goth cake! Did you see her face when she was meeting with the client!!!

Would you ever make a face like that at someone else's idea - that you will profit off of!!!!

What a witch!!

Those are the girls from the Cake Atelier in NYC, they disolved their partnership and they each have their own business.
I always thought they're style is sooo different from each other.
I love classic, clean looking cakes, but they were borderline boring.

If you google Cake Atelier the website has an anouncement informing customers the business have closed...I went into Laurie's website and she's doing amazing stuff...Ruth's cakes are very beautiful, but too simple for my taste.

Justbeck101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Justbeck101 Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 10:27pm
post #12 of 19

I don't really like the one that is in LA. I dont think those people seem very clean. I would not eat one of their cakes. I am talking about the ones who wear the green chef coats

cocoa2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocoa2 Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 7:47pm
post #13 of 19

what is the website for the NYC ladies???

nomoretrucks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nomoretrucks Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 7:57pm
post #14 of 19

love the show loveit love it... icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

Joybeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joybeth Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 8:04pm
post #15 of 19

I don't like the cake diva's either. I really would love to give Leigh and Joan a gift certificate to get their hair done. lol! And the one guy they have working for them is WAY to dramatic! lol!
I really like the cake girls though! I am so much like Mary!

doughdough Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doughdough Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 8:31pm
post #16 of 19

I've watched a few episodes, and quite frankly they don't hold a candle to Duff when it comes to personality! Seriously, it is more exciting to watch grass grow than watch those New York girls!

I agree the Cakegirls are the best on that show...at least they make cakes I like to make.

The Cake Divas are just strange IMO...that lady who answers the phones needs a makeover ASAP, the redhead is just....well, I don't know what, and that guy who cried when he had to make a sandcastle cake is just WAY too much drama!

So I guess my scorecard looks like this:

Cake Atelier---> D-
Cake Girls-----> B
Cake Divas----> D+

None of them get an F, just because of the subject matter icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

Meloda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meloda Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 12:05am
post #17 of 19

I agree with everyone, I love the Cake Girls. I enjoyed watching them on the food network cake challenges which they usually win. Did anyone catch the last episode of Amazing Wedding Cakes, where Lauri made that spider web out of some sort of "royal icing" does anyone know what/how she did that. I would love the make that spider web for a Halloween birthday cake. I hope someone knows what it was. Thanks!!

Melanie

Meloda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meloda Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 12:08am
post #18 of 19

Never mind....I just looked in the forum and there is another thread about the bendable royal icing. DUH icon_cool.gif Should have checked that first. I just need more sugar right now. icon_biggrin.gif

Mel

janelwaters Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 12:08am
post #19 of 19

Melanie - I emailed Laurie and it is sugarveil - www.sugarveil.com

Very cool stuff!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%