White Chocolate Ganache Question

Baking By hallfamily727 Updated 1 Oct 2008 , 6:12pm by alvarezmom

hallfamily727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hallfamily727 Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 1:15am
post #1 of 6

The original recipe I have for a white chocolate ganache has rum in it. However, I have a client asking if I can make it without the rum (maybe just a rum flavoring?) b/c she's pregnant. Can I do that or will it affect the texture. Thank you!

5 replies
nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 1:39am
post #2 of 6

Nope, it will not affect the texture, just the flavor. I personally don't like any liquor on mine, I just add some other kind of liquid until I get the consistency I'm looking for.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 1:41am
post #3 of 6

You can sub vanilla extract, but vanilla extract is the same proof as rum. You can leave it out.. it shouldn't effect anything. What's the amount of rum? If it's a tsp or TBSP then leave it out and don't worry about it. icon_smile.gif

hallfamily727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hallfamily727 Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 1:52pm
post #4 of 6

It's a couple of tsp. Thanks for the help!!

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 11:04pm
post #5 of 6

Then the amount of rum/extract isn't going to change a thing.. nor pose a threat to anything. I'm sure if you told her you were putting vanilla extract in she wouldn't think twice and it's no different than adding rum. icon_smile.gif

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 6:12pm
post #6 of 6

Really? Wow you learn something new every day...so every time I'm adding vanilla it's just like adding liquor? MMMMMM

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%