Tire Cake Ideas

Decorating By sarahe Updated 28 Sep 2008 , 8:29pm by mqguffey

sarahe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahe Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 7:46pm
post #1 of 4

So i'm planning on making a tire cake for the business we take our cars to get repairs, and stuff,,,how would u recomend me to make this cake? I was thinking to use black icing & mix it with chocolate buttercream (so it's not so bitter) and I was going to add the michalin man to the cake as well.

Please e-mail me back as soon as possible...

(I dont want to do all fondont on my cakes either)

3 replies
Bossy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bossy Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 7:59pm
post #2 of 4

Could you do the Michalin man with different sizes of stacked chocolate covered donuts?

apetricek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apetricek Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 8:09pm
post #3 of 4

I did a 3D monster truck and for the tires I used rice crispie treats, and covered them in black fondant ( I am not a fan of fondant either, but black icing is YUCKY!! tapedshut.gif ) then I took black royal icing, and made the treads. Just an idea. You could just do them in fondant and then make the rest of the cake in icing..just use them as an accent. Hope this helps!

mqguffey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mqguffey Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 8:29pm
post #4 of 4

In my photos, I have a big Goodyear tire covered in Christmas lights. I made it with the 9-inch contour pan, a Wilton pan they sell at michael's. I sandwiched the two together to make the tire. Iced in chocolate buttercream tinted with black, definitely recommend Americolor black.

For the tread, I waited until it was crusted and then used a letter V cookie cutter to make outer tread and the small Wilton fondant cutter (the one with three interchangeable wheels) to make center lines.

I think I remember using a white fondant circle for the hubcap/rim, painted with silver luster dust.

good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%