Need Tips And Recipe For Chocolate Candy Clay

Decorating By Cookies4kids Updated 28 Sep 2008 , 7:02pm by Ellistwins

Cookies4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookies4kids Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 6:35pm
post #1 of 3

I want to make tiny chocolate roses for some of the small dessert/cookies that I will be making this holiday season. I know that Wilton has a recipe that uses chocolate candy melts and corn syrup, and I am wondering if anyone has used this recipe or has a better one.

Can I make these roses ahead of time and store them? Do they stiffen up over time so that they don't wilt if they get a little warm?
Thanks for any help you can give me.
Lily

2 replies
momma28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momma28 Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 6:56pm
post #2 of 3

This is the recipe from Collette peters cakes to dream on book

10 ounces white chocolate
6 tblsp light corn syrup

Melt chocolate in heat proof bowl over a saucepan of hot water (not boiling). Be careful not to burn the chocolate. Stir in the corn syrup. As you stir, the chocolate will be thicken. Stir until ingredients are completely combined. Turn out to form a flat disc. Wrap in plastic wrapo and let stand at room tempurture overnight. The mixture should feel very hard but will immediately soften as you knead it. You can either roll it or run through a pasta machine or model.

Ellistwins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ellistwins Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 7:02pm
post #3 of 3

I also have a recipe but will have to confirm the messurements. It is chocolate, liquid glucose and sugar paste. Melt the glucose and chocolate until melted, stir in and then need in with the sugarpaste and leave overnight in plastic wrap. I have made this a few times and you can see the roses I've made on my mini cakes in my gallery. I will get the recipe right.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%