~~~~I'm A Big Meany~~~~~

Business By littlecake Updated 2 Oct 2008 , 4:14pm by MacsMom

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 5:17pm
post #1 of 22

ha ha ha....i heard this from 2 different people this week....(they heard it from other people.)

awww....bad me, i don't care, i kinda like it that they don't think i'm some dumb pushover.

it sure hasn't hurt my orders, i have to turn people down every week.

i don't know where people get the idea, that because we are in customer service we have to put up with all their crazy crap. icon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gif if i wanted to do that i'd get a regular job.

21 replies
sarahpierce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahpierce Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 5:19pm
post #2 of 22

We're artist. We're allowed to be crazy and have attitudes. icon_lol.gif

missmikey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missmikey Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 5:38pm
post #3 of 22

Soo... do tell, Why are you a 'big meanie?

Lynnzee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lynnzee Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 6:32pm
post #4 of 22

It is funny what some people call mean and some people call honest. LOL

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 3:40pm
post #5 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by missmikey

Soo... do tell, Why are you a 'big meanie?

Yeah...spill it. What did you do?

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 4:10pm
post #6 of 22

I agree..We are artists and allowed to be different..although there is a difference between standing your ground with a customer concerning your pollicies and being a "meanie".

So would love to hear what you did as well!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 5:51pm
post #7 of 22

Yeah.... you can't give us all headline and no story to go with it! icon_surprised.gif

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 6:33pm
post #8 of 22

I really don't know what i did....i didn't remember either one of them.

i have bounced a few out....but these peeps weren't any of them.

they say i'm arrogant, but i think i'm just confident....i wouldn't think they'd want an insecure nervous person making something for them that they thought was important.

i don't bend over backwards, i refuse some orders that are too worky for the money....and i'm frank with PITAS and tell them i don't think i can please them.....

i'm from the northeast,so i got the "bugs bunny" accent in, oklahoma....so maybe they think i sound mean.

but i'm as sweet as the day is long.... tapedshut.gif

jjkarm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjkarm Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 6:50pm
post #9 of 22

Anyone who has an avatar as adorable as yours....has to be a sweetie deep down inside! icon_wink.gif

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 7:48pm
post #10 of 22

I've been called names too. I don't let it bother me... it's their problem, not mine. thumbs_up.gif

Cherie206 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cherie206 Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 7:54pm
post #11 of 22

Oh boy....I haven't started selling my cakes yet, but when I do, I'm going to refuse anyone that I think is difficult and no do things that are too costly (unless they will pay). I guess then I'm "Going to be a Meany too" icon_smile.gif I don't care either.....

sassycleo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sassycleo Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 7:57pm
post #12 of 22

I can say from personal experience that it probably has to do with the fact your a Northerner, Yankee, whatever they want to call ya.

I moved down south and have had an issue or two because people can't believe I'm as blunt and frank as I am. Sorry no two facedness here , can't stand that crap. So yeah I've heard similar.

They more then likely were customers looking for a grand cake on a budget store price - icon_biggrin.gif

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 9:12pm
post #13 of 22

[quote=
i'm from the northeast,so i got the "bugs bunny" accent in, oklahoma....so maybe they think i sound mean./quote]

Hey Meanie, I'm from the Northeast (MA), do we really sound like bugs bunny? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

There's nothing wrong with having a good load of confidence when you're in any kind of service business, we can't let customers walk all over us.

indydebi Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 9:19pm
post #14 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecake

I really don't know what i did....i didn't remember either one of them.

i have bounced a few out....but these peeps weren't any of them.

they say i'm arrogant, but i think i'm just confident....i don't bend over backwards, i refuse some orders that are too worky for the money....and i'm frank with PITAS and tell them i don't think i can please them.....

what? what? icon_confused.gif You say this like it's a bad thing! icon_biggrin.gif

I once worked for a Japanese company and they had NO IDEA how to deal with a strong, confident American woman! If they were looking for a "yes sir, ok sir, anything you say, sir" type of gal, they sure hired the wrong one! icon_rolleyes.gif

Unfortunately, a confident man is a "go getter" .... a confident woman is a b*tch.

And I wear the title proudly!!! thumbs_up.gif

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 9:21pm
post #15 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassycleo

I can say from personal experience that it probably has to do with the fact your a Northerner, Yankee, whatever they want to call ya.

I moved down south and have had an issue or two because people can't believe I'm as blunt and frank as I am. Sorry no two facedness here , can't stand that crap. So yeah I've heard similar.

They more then likely were customers looking for a grand cake on a budget store price - icon_biggrin.gif

My DH is from NJ and I whenever I go up north to visit with him, I ask him how can he be so nice and everyone else up in NJ is so mean. He said its the accent (he has been down here so long, he has soften) and they really aren't mean, its just the way the accent comes across. Just like those of us who sound like Andy Griffin sound like we are stupid.

But I agree, be a meanie, its your party and you can be a meanie if you want to! and you know what? They usually ARE NOT worth it!! Let em go to walmart...

indydebi Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 9:26pm
post #16 of 22

My son-in-law is from NJ and I just luv him AND his mom and dad! So don't wrap 'em all in that blanket! icon_biggrin.gif

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 9:38pm
post #17 of 22

Hey occupational hazard of being a yankee. icon_biggrin.gif but we love deeper too--not shallow like some but certainly not all southerners.

I love that line from that old movie, the guy had converted to Quakerism just to be able to marry his Quaker wife, and he was a pacifist in name at least--the enemy is staring down the barrel of his gun and the guy says, "thou art standing where I'm about to shoot." icon_biggrin.gif I mean at least he warned 'em!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

So it's really good that you have your persona out on the air waves--you can expend fewer bullets that way. thumbs_up.gif

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 9:39pm
post #18 of 22

SarahPierce- I love that! I am going to use that for my tag line! I knew I wasn't nuts! I am just artsy!

sarahpierce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahpierce Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 11:24am
post #19 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsonblackvelvet13

SarahPierce- I love that! I am going to use that for my tag line! I knew I wasn't nuts! I am just artsy!

We can dress crazy, talk about out there things, and our hair can be a total rat nest. People just look at you and think, "She must be an artist.". But be careful, if you own more than 2 cats you can easily be labeled, "The crazy cat lady". icon_biggrin.gif

marmalade1687 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marmalade1687 Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 11:59am
post #20 of 22

You're not mean...you're just an "independent woman" as my mom would say!! icon_lol.gif I was brought up that way...I chose my signin name (marmalade) because it is sweet with a bit of bite - just like me and my sense of humour! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 2:44pm
post #21 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecake

...they say i'm arrogant, but i think i'm just confident....i wouldn't think they'd want an insecure nervous person making something for them that they thought was important.

i don't bend over backwards, i refuse some orders that are too worky for the money....and i'm frank with PITAS and tell them i don't think i can please them.....

Wow!! You're as mean as I am!! icon_twisted.gificon_lol.gif Welcome to the fold Sista!! icon_biggrin.gif

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 4:14pm
post #22 of 22

LOL!

For a second there I thought you had saids something like, "Your dress is hideous... you want me to replicate that thing?!" or "You probably should stick with one bite of your sample cake, you could stand to lose a few pounds."

See? You're nowhere near as mean Simon Cowell (but I love the guy).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%