Calling All Newbies Who Wants To Join The Contest?

Decorating By justgale Updated 19 Oct 2008 , 3:24pm by lildeby

knel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knel Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 3:49pm
post #31 of 56

Oh, FIDDLESTICKS! I just did a fall themed cake for a bible study group Thursday. I would have loved to enter it, but I've already posted under my galleries. POOH! Maybe next time....

Bethkay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bethkay Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 4:04pm
post #32 of 56

Darn, I just found this thread. If you do a contest for November, I am in. icon_biggrin.gif

durango_girl08 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
durango_girl08 Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 6:36am
post #33 of 56

if theres any contest let me know please

mommy_of_3_DDs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy_of_3_DDs Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 5:16am
post #34 of 56

I was going to do this, this week... but then I ended up getting pnemonia, and laryngitis... so no caking for me this week... Count me in for November though...

Teena_Marie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teena_Marie Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 10:39pm
post #35 of 56

have their been a lot of entries so far?

justgale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justgale Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 11:07pm
post #36 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teena_Marie

have their been a lot of entries so far?

No there is only one picture sent so far. Looks like everyone liked the idea but couldn't find the time to do anything. Unless I get a mad rush of pictures in the next two days we'll just consider this a failure. I did notice that there is a Halloween contest posted on the home page now, if someone wants to do something. I think I might even enter it even though I have no chance at winning.
Sherri

jjkarm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjkarm Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 12:21am
post #37 of 56

I'm planning to finish my entry tomorrow...I hope others are just wrapping up too! I'll be so sad if there aren't enough entries! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif Come on newbies, we need your creations! thumbs_up.gif

Teena_Marie Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 1:46am
post #38 of 56

yeah come on newbies! We begged and pleaded for this contest and now that we have it we cant let it down! Everyone get in the mood and join up!

crazy4cupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazy4cupcakes Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 9:56pm
post #39 of 56

I'm finishing up my entry for tomorrow as well! Hope that there are lots more finishing up too! icon_smile.gif

Look forward to seeing all the entries!

Melissa0567 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melissa0567 Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 10:21pm
post #40 of 56

I just found this thread today, I don't have time to get one in by tomorrow. I have marked this thread and will keep a check on it. I would love to try next month. I think alot of people did not find this thread in time. Will this contest be around the 15th of every month? I look forward to next month.
Melissa

JessDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessDesserts Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 10:22pm
post #41 of 56

I just found this post, but I would have loved to participate. Will you be doing it again next month? or after the 15th? icon_confused.gif

I would love to be a part of this

Cakey1865 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakey1865 Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 10:49pm
post #42 of 56

I would love to do it also, since I just found it

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 10:55pm
post #43 of 56

YAY! I just submitted my butter cream fall cake! icon_biggrin.gif

catin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catin Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 11:21pm
post #44 of 56

I just send you my entry .... sorry if its late ..but where I come from this still the 14th ...hehe

Teena_Marie Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 3:38am
post #45 of 56

It will be up to justgale if she wants to continue this contest. I'm not sure how many entries we have in now. Hopefully it will continue

crazy4cupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazy4cupcakes Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 1:14pm
post #46 of 56

I just submitted my entry! I haven't slept well in the past couple of days and the house looks like a mess but I finished my cake! icon_smile.gif

I really hope that the contest is still on and I can't wait to see all the other entries.

justgale Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 1:46pm
post #47 of 56

I woke up this moning to a terrible cold and about half a dozen pictures in my email. I'm late for work now but I will try to get them all posted when I get home tonight.
Sherri

hallow3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hallow3 Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 9:28pm
post #48 of 56

Well, I just sent you my cake photo. I'm in and this is a first contest I have ever entered.

Teena_Marie Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 1:34am
post #49 of 56

I am soo excited about this! Will they be posted here or at a different thread? best of luck to everyone!! I'm sure they will all be awsome!

Teena_Marie Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 3:53pm
post #50 of 56

i hope you feel better justgale!

sweettoothmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettoothmom Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 6:34pm
post #51 of 56

icon_surprised.gif
Justgale! Feel better soon.

Enjoy a big slice of chicken soup icon_razz.gif

justgale Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 8:41pm
post #52 of 56

Ok I had some chicken soup and finely a good nights sleep. Got through inventory at work and am trying to figure out how to post the pictures for the contest. What happened to option to add pictures? I can't find it. It's normaly right below the box we type the post in but it's not showing up for some reason. Anyone have any suggetions?
Sherri

justgale Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 9:32pm
post #53 of 56

This isn't how I planned to do this but here is the new thread. http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6129959.html#6129959 I didn't know what else to do and I know everyone wanted to see the pictures.
Sherri

justgale Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 1:40am
post #54 of 56

any suggestions for Nov.'s theme? Do we even want to try this again, with everyone being busy wth the holidays and all? I know I don't want to do Thanksgiving and we just did fall. I love to curl up with a good book on chilly nights. Maybe should do something based on books? I know some people aren't a fan of the doll cakes, but I think the're fun. Don't know if that would be a challange anyone would be interested in or not. It's time for me to go take some more cold meds and head to bed. Let me know what ya all think.
Sherri

Teena_Marie Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 3:05am
post #55 of 56

i love books, have a collection of over 300 lol it leaves lots and lots of room for creativity as well. just my opinion.

lildeby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lildeby Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 3:24pm
post #56 of 56

I love the newbie cake contest idea! I was going to enter with a replica of the local pumpkin patch, but unfortunately I have run into some financial difficulties that made it impossible for me to enter. PLZ>>>keep doing the newbie contests and hopefully I will be able to enter soon!! As for theme I can't really say that would be biased by my entry plans!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%