Son Wants An Earthquake Cake ! Need Ideas Please

Decorating By aizuodangao Updated 4 Oct 2008 , 10:10pm by leahk

aizuodangao Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aizuodangao Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 6:47am
post #1 of 5

My son will be 7 in Nov. He wants an earthquake cake ! We're likely to get a scientist in to do a one-hour science show hopefully something to do with earthquake (haven't rung yet so don't know what they can do).

I was going to combine some science (experiements) in the cake itself but thought that would relaly mess up the cake!! Son wants wobbly jelly in it to simullate earthquake's shaking movement (but mummy wants a 'clean' cake so it doesn't mess up her decoration on the cake LOL icon_smile.gif

Anyway, need some ideas here. I have been trying to look for photos through google of earthquake cakes but there aren't many at all.

can anyone help? Oh, other earthquake related party ideas are most welcome too. (thanks in advance!!!!!!!!)

violet
in Oz

4 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 1:32pm
post #2 of 5

Put the cake on a board that will flex slightly so when you pick it up to move it, it will form the earthquake crack right down the middle.

aizuodangao Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aizuodangao Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 9:15pm
post #3 of 5

brialliant idea peg818. Thanks!!!!!!

cakemom1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemom1 Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 9:44pm
post #4 of 5

Wanting a cake to crack, imagine that! LOL

leahk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leahk Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 10:10pm
post #5 of 5

In the reaaalllllly long cupcake thread Melvira gave a recipe for earthquake cupcakes. I tried looking for it, but couldn't find it. You could PM Melvira for her recipe.
Another idea- make Jello jigglers out of different colored jello for the earth's layers. then cut them into smaller pieces. Those will shake around!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%