Display Cases

Business By FlourandSunBakery Updated 30 Sep 2008 , 5:53am by bettle71

FlourandSunBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourandSunBakery Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 3:21am
post #1 of 3

I was wondering if anyone had an wisdom about display cases they use in their bakery? I am looking at 1/2 refrigerated, 1/2 dry cases, which are really expensive. Some of my cakes will have a cream cheese frosting so they will have to be refrigerated, but I have seen lots of other places that have a non-refrigerated case or cakes on top on case. Just curious what other people's experiences have been.
Thanks,
Denise

2 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 12:37pm
post #2 of 3

I found my cases on ebay and craigslist. Here's a photo of both of them: http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=5986855#5986855 (pic #2). The small refrigerated one sits on a shelf.

bettle71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bettle71 Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 5:53am
post #3 of 3

I have a refrigerated display case, If you will sell breakfast pastries ( danishes, muffins , croissant ) you may want to get the half & half, but if you will having pastries, cakes only then buy a refrigerated case. I highly recomend to buy new, for 2 reasons.
1) Sometimes when you buy a used one , you have problems with the system not cooling properly and fixinf that kind a problems is not cheap sometimes.
2) Remember tha display case need to look in exellent condition for your goodies and customers.
For a new one you are looking to spend about $4000 to $6000.
Good Luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%