Ripping The Fondant In The Centre.

Decorating By ElinJ Updated 28 Sep 2008 , 7:11pm by Ellistwins

ElinJ Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 9:27pm
post #1 of 5

Hey so I'd like to make a parcel cake, but in the centre, I'd like it to look like it has been ripped open, and place chocolate/candy in the middle..

I know it sounds simple, but how would I got about doing this carefully.. I'm using fondant by the way.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

4 replies
JenniferMI Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 1:20pm
post #2 of 5

I've seen cakes where a character pops out the top, you could do the same look. They take a knife and starting at the center point, make cuts outward that look like slices of pizza (hope you can visualize icon_smile.gif Then you peel back the slices. This gives a neat look.... if you can't see this, picture this: A pizza with knife starting at the center and cutting towards the outer crust. Do several cuts like this...

HTH!

Jen icon_smile.gif

DianeLM Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 1:33pm
post #3 of 5

Here's an example of what Jen described. After cutting the 'pizza', I stuffed the hole with pieces of rice paper to look like shredded paper.
LL

ElinJ Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 2:32pm
post #4 of 5

Oh thanks so much, I kinda imagined it like that, but I wasnt sure.

Ellistwins Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 7:11pm
post #5 of 5

i have done a few of these. i have never "rip" it in the middle. I have made gumpaste pieces and stick it on afterwards. I'm to scared that the cake may dry out. so mine is fake, but I getthe effect.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%