Bettercreme Vs Pastry Pride

Decorating By Pebbles1727 Updated 7 Oct 2008 , 6:30am by sayhellojana

Pebbles1727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pebbles1727 Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 8:52pm
post #1 of 9

I see a lot of people talking about Bettercreme and some also mentioned pastry pride. Are both of those products are about the same or is there a major differences in taste, versatility, shelf life, etc? I'm having a big problem locating bettercreme in my area, so was wonderfing if pastry pride be a good substitute. What is your preference?
Thanks, P

8 replies
misabel99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misabel99 Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 3:55am
post #2 of 9

For me it works and taste the , absually all my cakes are cover with Pastry Pride the only ones that i cover with bettercreme are the chocolate ones because there is a bettercreme with chocolate flavor already you can see my pictures. Both of them are really good.

Jopalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jopalis Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 5:10am
post #3 of 9

Misabel..... YOu live in Gilroy?

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 5:44am
post #4 of 9

I have tried them all, Pastry Pride, WhipNTop and Bettercream. Taste is the winner "Pastry Pride" Do you have a Smart & Final around you. I can get both from there. Whip N Top can only be found in cake decorating stores here.

Jopalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jopalis Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 5:47am
post #5 of 9

Can you pipe flowers with PP? If you use other frostings and color them, won't they bleed on the cake?

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 5:59am
post #6 of 9

I've been playing with Pastery Pride a bit. I like that you can easily flavor it, you can add just about whatever you'd like. I used it yesturday to frost a dummy cake so the fondant would have something to stick too, and the fondant did some weird things. I've never had that problem before, so I'm pretty sure it was the pastry pride.

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 6:19am
post #7 of 9

I would advise against putting fondant over the top of Pastry Pride, it ends up a gooey-schmooey mess! If you add fondant accents to a cake iced with Pastry Pride, they will turn to goo and slide off.
(been there, done that icon_sad.gif )

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 6:24am
post #8 of 9

Oh I agree, Fondant cannot be used over any of the whipped toppings. It will not hold up.

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 6:30am
post #9 of 9

I learned that the hard way. It was suppost to be my entry to the state fair, but I just dont have time to start over and its an ugly, saggy mess. Oh well, lesson learned.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%