I Hate It!

Decorating By jl5949 Updated 27 Sep 2008 , 9:37pm by rachelsmom01

jl5949 Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 7:42pm
post #1 of 7

Hi everyone. I just made an icecream cake... it is in my gallery. I HATE it. I almost don't want to bring it to the party... My 10 year old told me that I am just being to hard on myself... am I?

Please, if you could, take a look and let me know what you honestly think. I never really get a lot of comments on my cakes and could really use some feed back from other decorators and not immediate family who can sugarcoat things...

Thanks! Jeri Lynn

6 replies
BabyBear3 Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 7:50pm
post #2 of 7

what don't you like about it???

-K8memphis Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 7:52pm
post #3 of 7

I like it. It's a happy well done cake. Makes you smile. That's what it's all about. The good news that I console myself with when I hate a cake that I made is that it is only moments from becoming cellulite on someone's...well you get the picture. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

zoraya Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 7:55pm
post #4 of 7

I think its cute. But I understand how you feel. There are many times I've done a cake that wasn't my favorite but the recipient loved it. I'm sure your cousins daughter will be thrilled!

stsapph Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 8:04pm
post #5 of 7

Looks great to me! You always see your own flaws, but very rarely do the people receiving it. You should be very proud! I think they will love it!

tcbalgord Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 8:06pm
post #6 of 7

I think you did a great job. I totally get where you are coming from though; the pic in my head is 99% of the time better then what I produce. We are our own worst critics. Your 10 year old is right because you do fab work!

rachelsmom01 Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 9:37pm
post #7 of 7

I think it looks great! I think we all are way too hard on ourselves and don't think anything is good enough. You did a great job. Your cake looks fun AND yummy!

Quote by @%username% on %date%