How Early Can You Cover Fondant Cakes?

Decorating By mandygirlxoxo Updated 27 Sep 2008 , 8:28pm by amberhoney

mandygirlxoxo Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 6:33pm
post #1 of 3

im making another wedding cake and this is my first one with fondant.
we have to deliver the cake at noon tomorrow, i have everything ready to go. but if we cover the cakes now will they be okay for the wedding at 2:00 tomorrow? we are not putting the cake in the fridge so its just going to sit out till the wedding.. will the cake still be good?

i just finished the grooms cake, its AWESOME! its like an off road sceen and the groom has a few hot wheels to put on the cake when we deliver it tomorrow. it looks AMAZING! Im really pleased with it. now all i have to worry about is covering a 16x16 inch cake with fondant. =( i really dont like fondant. its not my friend.

2 replies
BabyBear3 Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 7:58pm
post #2 of 3

They should be fine. No worries. I've covered a cake with fondant 2 days before the delivery date because of other circumstances that I needed to get it done early.

amberhoney Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 8:28pm
post #3 of 3

I have covered cakes in fondant a week before they are due and couriered them to the other ends of the country several times so doing it the day before is no problem. Ireally wouldn't want to be covering a fondant cake the day it is due anyway - too many horror stories out there for that! Go for it today, then tomorrow you will only have the finishing touches to do - far less stressful!

Edited to add - the cake will be fine out of the fridge - I think the fondant helps to keep it fresh, better than tupperware icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%