Can I Stack An Eggless Cake? Use Fondant?

Decorating By AKA_cupcakeshoppe Updated 28 Sep 2008 , 5:09am by AKA_cupcakeshoppe

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 4:35pm
post #1 of 3

I hope this doesn't fall in the stupid question category. icon_smile.gif I have googled and not found an answer.

I got a great chocolate cake recipe that is eggless and uses oil and I would like it to be my regular chocolate cake recipe since a lot of people find it super yummy.

Will it be stable enough for stacking and to use under fondant?

2 replies
kellertur Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 7:04pm
post #2 of 3

this is not a stupid question at all ~

I only bake vegan, and I can tell you that I stack a lot of my cakes. As long as you are using a dowel )or other support) system, you should be ok. If your cake texture is "crumbly" you may want to find another egg-less cake that has more of a spongy texture.

The recipe I use is ALMOST exactly my grandmother's vegan chocolate cake, however by using less oil (applesauce instead) I achieve a more stable cake for carving, etc. Both are super moise and yummy.

sorry so long.... GOOD LUCK! thumbs_up.gif

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 5:09am
post #3 of 3

not long at all! i appreciate the tips. thanks. this particular recipe I just found online and i tweaked it a little. i'm not a vegan but it really is so yummy and the fact that it is egg less is just plus points. icon_smile.gif

thanks for answering and am off to look at pics of your cakes now.

Quote by @%username% on %date%