O.k. Am I Blind? What Page Is The Cake Cutting Guide...

Decorating By cocobean Updated 28 Sep 2008 , 11:00pm by cocobean

cocobean Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 4:12pm
post #1 of 6

My neighbor called to ask if I could answer a couple of wedding cake cutting questions. She's having a wedding in her backyard tonight. (Her sister). The cake is a 4 tiered square. I'm trying to find the guide in the wilton book that shows how to cut the cake. I know that I've seen it in there. Why can't I find the page? I have the 2004 book. Anyone know were to find it? icon_confused.gif

5 replies
cocobean Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 4:16pm
post #2 of 6

...I should say that I'm look for the picture of the grid cutting. Not just the cake baking and serving guides. thumbs_up.gif

Amia Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 4:33pm
post #3 of 6
plbennett_8 Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 1:42pm
post #4 of 6

You would save your neighbor much grief if you would print her out a copy of IndyDebi's cutting guide...grin icon_smile.gif

When I first saw it, it was one of those...why didn't I think of that moments...lol icon_rolleyes.gif

Pat B

leah_s Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 3:07pm
post #5 of 6

I guess the event is over, by now, but you don't need much of a cutting guide for a *square* cake. Pieces are 1" X 2" X height. So for an 8" square cake, you make four cuts on one side and 8 cuts on the other side. done.

cocobean Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 11:00pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks everyone! I did print her off a pic from the internet. Part of the problem was she wanted to cut the cake as it stood. I was trying to think if I should tell her to lift the tiers apart and start with the bottom or if she should take off the top tier to save then start cutting from the top down. I guess that second part is what she wanted to do. I did find a picture for cutting starting with the top. I don't think I explained that part at all. Anyway, I appreciate your help.

...I am still wondering what happened to that page I thought I had seen in the Wilton book. I decided to copy that page from the internet to and put it in my book. icon_confused.gif Who knows???

Quote by @%username% on %date%