Help Me Choose A Cute Name For My Business!!!!!!!

Decorating By gingersoave Updated 28 Sep 2008 , 5:09pm by littlecake

gingersoave Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingersoave Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 11:54am
post #1 of 20

I have decided to bite the bullet and get legal to start my home business and I need a name!!! My name is Ginger and my husband wants me to keep my name in there somewhere like Ginger Cakes - TOO PLAIN!

I plan to open a real shop someday once the economy gets better, but thought I would start at home first. I used to do this out of my home before kids and now that they are older I think I can start it up again. My name then was Cakes By Ginger - BORING!!!!

Any thoughts on a name?????

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!

19 replies
gingersoave Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 12:09pm
post #2 of 20

anyone???? I'm not creative at all when it comes to names!!

Tug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tug Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 12:20pm
post #3 of 20

GingerSnaps

gingersoave Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 12:21pm
post #4 of 20

that's cute!

gingersoave Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 12:23pm
post #5 of 20

someone a long time ago said Sweets for Sweeties??? Hubby didnt care for that and I thought of "The Sweet Spot" he didnt like that either, he said that refers to a baseball term for where to hit the ball on the bat.

pumpkinroses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pumpkinroses Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 12:24pm
post #6 of 20

"GingerSnap Cakes" was the first thing that popped in my head.

282513 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
282513 Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 12:25pm
post #7 of 20

What about Gingers Cake House or The Ginger House? I am stuck on a play off of Gingerbread. The Ginger Baker.
I think I should stop. HTH

sharon57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sharon57 Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 12:27pm
post #8 of 20

Cakes By Ginger

Cakenicing4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakenicing4u Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 12:48pm
post #9 of 20

Spice up the cakes!
Cake Spice
Spice of life cakes.... with Ginger

It's a hard call because you don't want people to get the impression that all your cakes will have ginger in them.... And yes, people are still like that!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 12:50pm
post #10 of 20

The Enchanted Flourist

I like Ginger Cakes a lot. Has a cool double meaning.

pamconn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pamconn Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 4:37am
post #11 of 20

Gingerspice and everythng nice

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 4:39am
post #12 of 20

How about,
A Touch of Ginger

bathoryjones Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bathoryjones Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 4:56am
post #13 of 20

are you planning on just offering cakes or the whole variety of cakes, cookies, pies...etc?

ccarroca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccarroca Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 6:47am
post #14 of 20

I don't mind the sweet spot, but please not the sweet box (as someone said on that other thread you were originally on), it is making me think of things I dont' want to think about if you know what I mean icon_redface.gif LOL

I second or third or wherever we are by now Gingersnap Cakes, or Ginger's Cake house, but I really like Cakes by Ginger....yes very cool.

Definately don't like that sweeties for sweeties one...mmmm - NO.

I was thinking about starting up one for myself, so I can actually have a real business. I was thinking Dolce for me or Dolce Vita

gingersoave Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 11:20am
post #15 of 20

I plan to offer cakes, cookies, candies. Also, my last name is Soave (like the shampoo suave with the accent on the end) Soave's Sweets??

Soave sweets

I just don't want people to think it's pronounced like it looks, I get ripped off with my name, its so pretty but no one knows how to say it!!! ha ha

Thank you all for your help, keep'em coming!!!!

Oh, one more question, what if I choose a name that is already out there, is there something legal that can happen to me? There are so many names out there that I don't know about, is there a database I can check?

Homemade-Goodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Homemade-Goodies Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 11:39am
post #16 of 20

Most states have an online service to check on already in use business names, you can likely check there...or contact your local Dept of Revenue - or whoever administrates business licenses.

I like Ginger Cakes, or even Suave Sweets...using the accent over the 'e'. People won't pronounce your last name correctly when spelled right, so make it something they recognize. Everyone remembers that silly song 'Rico Suave', so it'll be pronounced right at least.

My 2 cents worth...wish you well!!!

gingersoave Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 12:29pm
post #17 of 20

Funny Homemade goodies! My husbands nickname is Rico!!!! ha ha

I like Suave' Sweets. Apparently in spanish it means "smooth" or "smooth love" so that may be kinda cool! thumbs_up.gif

thanks!!!!!

kcjc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kcjc Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 1:20pm
post #18 of 20

Hi Ginger, I love the play on words and the sound of Suave' Sweets. It's cute,catchy and a little sexy sounding. I don't know if I can say that but the appeal is there.
Thanks for starting this thread..I know it's in here fairly frequently but I too am looking for a name. I keep changing my mind. I just want something catchy & up to date. My daughter chose Sweet Karen's because she says she heres that about me from friends etc but it's about the cake. Karen's Sweets. I don't know..Blah. My last name is Cole. Any suggestions? Ginger, I'm having a home inspection shortly for home based business.I got that info from the forum on starting a business. There was a link for each state right in the forum.That also connected me to the current used names in my state or area. Good luck. I love your cakes and have a few in my saves.

kcjc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kcjc Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 1:35pm
post #19 of 20

ginger,just checked it out since i hadn't been in that forum for a while and you probably were already aware of that list but it's 3rd stcky down posted by kellym. Once I was in my state there was a link to check currantly licensed names.

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 5:09pm
post #20 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingersoave

Funny Homemade goodies! My husbands nickname is Rico!!!! ha ha

HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS I NEEDED THAT!~~~~ RiCo SaUvE~~~~

i like simple names...the flour shop

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%