I Hate Air Bubbles!

Decorating By stampinron Updated 1 Oct 2008 , 5:03am by jsmith

stampinron Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 3:03am
post #1 of 4

I seem to get alot of air bubbles when rolling out my fondant. Is there a special way to knead it so as to minimize this? I just poke them with a needle, but if there is a way to avoid them, I'd be much happier. I use MMF, could this be why? Any suggestions? icon_sad.gif

3 replies
jsmith Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 3:16am
post #2 of 4

I've found by adding 2 tsp. corn syrup it really cuts down on the "pock marks". Also, for some reason, using the Great Value walmart brand works better at eliminating them over the brand name marshmallows.

stampinron Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 9:05pm
post #3 of 4

I use 1, 16 oz marshmallows, i do great value as well, 3 Tbs water, 2 Tbs cornsyrup, vanilla and 2 pounds p.s.

So I think I'm doing what you are, just seem to have alot of those darn airbubbles when I'm rolling out the fondant. I normally have to burst 5-6 for a 10 inch cake. Is that normal?

jsmith Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 5:03am
post #4 of 4

I think you may be using too much water and corn syrup. I use 2 TBS. water and 2 teaspoons corn syrup. I don't use the full 2 lbs. of powdered sugar. I add it until the fondant doesn't spread when you let it rest a moment. it usually ends up being 5-5 1/2 cups. Hope that helps. I know mmf is tough to get right at first. It may help to mix it with 1/2 and 1/2 with a store bought fondant.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%