Please Help

Baking By PTLA Updated 27 Sep 2008 , 3:41am by grannys3angels

PTLA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PTLA Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 2:43am
post #1 of 6

I feel like such a dummy. B ut really need help.Cant figure out how to ruffle the edges of gumpaste to make flowers. Am trying to do the ones on the paisly cake in last yrs book wiltons.Bride wants roses but accepted these because I am afraid roses will be to heavy for this HELP pleaseHave been trying fir 4 days to get this flower right

5 replies
tannersmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tannersmom Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 2:55am
post #2 of 6

Well you have to have a ball tool and a foam pad. Place the gumpaste flower on the pad and roll the tool around the edges in the flower. HTH

moxey2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moxey2000 Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 2:57am
post #3 of 6

You place the fondant onto your sponge and then roll the ball tool around on the edge. It takes some practice, but you can do it. Good luck.

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 3:05am
post #4 of 6

Maybe this can help you, it is youtube videos made by Edna (aka, tonedna) a member here on CC.

She is a very sweet lady and her videos are really great! Hope this can be of help to you. Good Luck!

Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=tonedna1

God Bless,
Sharon

PTLA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PTLA Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 3:35am
post #5 of 6

Thanks for yalls reply.Do yall think that roses would make to heavy and bulky a swag for this?Thats what she really wants.Its the one in last yrs book the paisly.

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 3:41am
post #6 of 6

I am so sorry, I can't help you on that question...I don't have the book or know of the cake you are asking about.

Maybe someone might see your thread and be able to give you more help on that question.
Good Luck & God Bless,
Sharon

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%