Strawberry Filling

Decorating By dogluvr Updated 1 Oct 2008 , 1:57am by kansaswolf

dogluvr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dogluvr Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 1:38am
post #1 of 12

I have a client that wants strawberry filling for her wedding cake and I found what on this site where you whip heavy cream then add strawberry, or any other flavor jello, to it and they its really good...but will it be ok for a wedding cake that will be sitting out....the wedding is inside. I read somewhere here that if you use heavy cream and sugar, somehow the sugar makes it so it won't spoil..........do you think this would be ok....or does anyone have a really good strawberry filling recipe for a wedding cake...........thank you

11 replies
Cakeyladey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeyladey Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 6:17am
post #2 of 12

Hi I have used this and it didnt require any refrigeration before or after applying to the cakes & it is delicious! Maybe it will help???

Strawberry Filling
Yield
2 1/4 cups

Ingredients
2 cups hulled strawberries
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
2 tablespoons cold water
3 tablespoons boiling water
1/2 cup whipping cream

Directions
Crush strawberries in a bowl, then add sugar and let stand. Soften gelatin in cold water, then add boiling water and stir until gelatin is dissolved. Stir dissolved gelatin into strawberries and allow to cool. Whip cream until stiff. When mixture is the consistency of heavy syrup, fold whipped cream into the strawberry mixture. Allow to set.

Additional Information
Fills two 8" layers.

Good Luck Happy Baking!!! thumbs_up.gif

Cakeyladey Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 6:19am
post #3 of 12

Hi I have used this and it didnt require any refrigeration before or after applying to the cakes & it is delicious! Maybe it will help???

Strawberry Filling
Yield
2 1/4 cups

Ingredients
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons cold water
1/2 cup whipping cream

Directions
Crush strawberries in a bowl, then add sugar and let stand. Soften gelatin in cold water, then add boiling water and stir until gelatin is dissolved. Stir dissolved gelatin into strawberries and allow to cool. Whip cream until stiff. When mixture is the consistency of heavy syrup, fold whipped cream into the strawberry mixture. Allow to set.

Additional Information
Fills two 8" layers.

dogluvr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dogluvr Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 1:22am
post #4 of 12

Thank you very much........this sound delicous

cakemommync Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommync Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 2:10am
post #5 of 12

This may just save me as well. Could you use frozen strawberries thawed? Never as good as fresh but it's not exactly strawberry season!

thanks! Wedding coming up next week!

Cakeyladey Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 2:37am
post #6 of 12

I always use fresh so, Im not sure of how the frozen ones would work??? I think they would be fine but, you might wanna give it a rest run first! I do this most of the time on my family ... There my gineau pigs! lol! Out of season I usually buy what our grocery has in the produce isle... Fresh Cost more than frozen but, I beleive it would be worth it in the end... It taste So, GOOD... Hope you like as much as I and my customers do! thumbs_up.gif

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 2:46am
post #7 of 12

I'm not that skilled in the "scratch fillings" area, so I have a very easy strawberry filling that I use. This will probably make you more experienced filling-makes shake your head in disgust, but here it is:

1 pint frozen strawberries
4 heaping tablespoons cornstarch

Thaw strawberries and run through a food processer until mostly pureed, juice and all. Heat on stovetop and add cornstarch just before boiling point. Heat to boiling and stir until thickened. Cool completely.

Easy as ever and people around me really like it in white vanilla cupcakes with bc. HTH

kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 3:00am
post #8 of 12

jammjenks: are those frozen SWEETENED strawberries, or just plain frozen strawberries? Just curious, because I'm looking for a way to use my frozen berries without having leakage problems in my cake... icon_biggrin.gif

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 3:16am
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakeyladey

Strawberry Filling
Yield
2 1/4 cups

Ingredients
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons cold water
1/2 cup whipping cream

Directions

Additional Information
Fills two 8" layers.

this recipe sounds good. i've tried one similar and i liked it alot. i would recommend refrigeration after a couple of hours though as the cream is perishable. there isnt enough sugar or fat in this recipe to prohibit bacteria from forming at long intervals of time at room temperature.

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 3:25am
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammjenks

I'm not that skilled in the "scratch fillings" area, so I have a very easy strawberry filling that I use. This will probably make you more experienced filling-makes shake your head in disgust, but here it is:

1 pint frozen strawberries
4 heaping tablespoons cornstarch

Thaw strawberries and run through a food processer until mostly pureed, juice and all. Heat on stovetop and add cornstarch just before boiling point. Heat to boiling and stir until thickened. Cool completely.

Easy as ever and people around me really like it in white vanilla cupcakes with bc. HTH

i do one really similar, only i add a small amount of sugar and lemon juice. it is DELICOUS, especially on fresh lemon cake with lemon swiss meringue buttercream! i dont think there is anything wrong with a simple recipe, even for advanced bakers!

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 11:56am
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaswolf

jammjenks: are those frozen SWEETENED strawberries, or just plain frozen strawberries? Just curious, because I'm looking for a way to use my frozen berries without having leakage problems in my cake... icon_biggrin.gif

They are sweetened.

kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 1:57am
post #12 of 12

Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%