How Much Should I Charge?

Decorating By Rose_N_Crantz Updated 27 Sep 2008 , 12:56am by kelleym

Rose_N_Crantz Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 9:52pm
post #1 of 3

I'm making a pillow cake for my husband's grandmother this weekend and I need to know how much to charge her. The cake needs to feed only about 20 people, I'm going to use fondant and I'm thinking of using a strawberry filled white cake. White cake for sure anyways.

This is my first carved cake and my first fondant cake. And it is my husband's grandmother. My husband's mom also told me to not even think of giving her the cake for free, but to be sure she pays. Not that this matters, but the grandparents have money, they are just very frugal.

So how much?????

2 replies
becky27 Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 10:13pm
post #2 of 3

why don't you call a couple of bakeries in their area and see how much they charge per slice..and go inbetween them!!!! Good luck......

kelleym Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 12:56am
post #3 of 3

I don't think anyone is going to be able to tell you for sure how much to charge your husband's grandmother - charging for family is always such a tricky thing. Calculate how much you're spending, so at least you know how much you're out of pocket, and then charge a price you're comfortable with. I have a section on "charging for friends and family" in my Pricing Article if that's helpful to you. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%