Mmf Question

Decorating By cylstrial Updated 26 Sep 2008 , 11:47pm by mellormom

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 7:35pm
post #1 of 5

I just made some MMF, it's cooling in the saran wrap right now. When do I add the color? Do you add it while it's warm? Or wait until it's cool? Or should I just wait until I'm going to use the fondant? I'm not going to be actually using the fondant until tomorrow.

Thanks!!

4 replies
Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 8:06pm
post #2 of 5

I don't know if there's a wrong or right way to do this since I just made my first batch like a month ago but what I did was colored it as I used it.
That being said if you have some bright colors to do you might want to do them a little ahead of time because somtimes the true color may take a day or so. HTH icon_biggrin.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 8:07pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you so much! I'll go ahead and color it today then. =o)

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 10:49pm
post #4 of 5

Your very welcome and I hope everything turns out great. icon_biggrin.gif

mellormom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellormom Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 11:47pm
post #5 of 5

You can add the color to the Marshmallows while they are melted as well. This is a lot easier way when your batch is all one color. If you need your batch to have separate colors then you can't use this technique. When adding color to already made fondant pull the fondant like taffy. It colors your batch much quicker! You will need crisco for your hands so the color doesn't stick as well to them and your mmf doesn't stick to your hand either.
HTH
Jen...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%