Red Velvet And Filling Ideas?

Decorating By SHogg Updated 17 Oct 2008 , 2:23am by jonahsmommy

SHogg Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 5:49pm
post #1 of 10

I have a customer who wants Red Velvet cake, but doesn't like vanilla BC or cream cheese BC. Any ideas of what other fillings would work well with RV? And it's a chocolate fondant covered cake so I can not refrigerate it.

9 replies
staceyboots Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 8:04pm
post #2 of 10

on other websites, some decorators fill their red velvet cakes with white chocolate buttercream

AmieW Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 8:23pm
post #3 of 10

Chocolate ganache is good, but I charge more for it.

thedessertdiva Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 9:11pm
post #4 of 10

Raspberry is a good different option. I also like Lemon Cream, Lemon Curd, Tiramisu, Mascarpone, Fudge and White Chocolate.

Have fun with it!

SHogg Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 12:53pm
post #5 of 10

Raspberry buttercream? That does sound good, i've never had it with Red Velvet. The customer said they like fruit flavors with cake. thedessertdiva, your goodies look fantastic, my mouth was watering looking at your gallery.

SHogg Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 11:24pm
post #6 of 10

So I had the tasting today and the customer loved the Red Velevet with Raspberry Cream Cheese filling. I have to say it tasted much better than the typical cream cheese filling.

Shirlcantuck Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 11:46pm
post #7 of 10

can you share the receipt for this cake and filling

andiesweet Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 11:52pm
post #8 of 10

i make a praline mousse that is good and simple. 1 quart heavy cream, 1 small box vanilla instant pudding... whip those together then add a couple good heaping spoonfulls of dulce de leche, whirl that around then add chopped toasted pecans (about 1 cup). it's really yummy

SHogg Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 11:28am
post #9 of 10

The praline mousse sounds wonderful, i'll have to remember that one!
The recipe for the filling is here on Cake Central under Raspberry Cream Cheese Frosting by ck4Sammy. The Red Velvet recipe is Martha Stewarts. I got it out of her wedding cakes book, but i'm sure you can find it on her website also. I've tried several different RV recipes and I find hers to be the best.

jonahsmommy Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 2:23am
post #10 of 10

This is just an idea I've never tried it but I think I might since I make red velvet alot but since there's cocoa in red velvet a chocolate buttercream would be nice or the white could be good too. chocolate and chocolate is always a good combo in my book icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%