David Archuleta Cake?

Decorating By suz3 Updated 2 Oct 2008 , 11:41pm by cylstrial

suz3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suz3 Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 2:48pm
post #1 of 4

A friends daughter who will be 11, mentioned wanting a David Archuleta cake for her Nov. birthday. I'm not sure if they are going to ask me to make it but if they do, I want to be ready with an idea or two. I believe he was on American Idol. I thought about fondant figures. One with him singing and holding a mike. One of her with her karate outfit on (to make her recognizable). Any other ideas? I'm open for anything!
Thanks for the help icon_smile.gif

3 replies
suz3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suz3 Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 8:41pm
post #2 of 4

No ideas? icon_cry.gif

jenny518 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenny518 Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 8:46pm
post #3 of 4

I think it would be cute to add the American Idol logo and writing- that would fill up the space. If you have an edible image printer, I guess you could find his picture online and place it on there. This is a hard one for ideas...
I noticed you're from Tulsa. I grew up in Broken Arrow. I'll be at the OK sugar arts show at the fair this weekend- are you going?

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 11:41pm
post #4 of 4

You could put some music notes on there.. or a piano.. Or have a piano cake with David sitting on the piano with his legs dangling off. He could be holding the mike in his hand. Or you could decorate the cake as the stage that they sing on...and make a little disco ball that hangs with a wire. You could do all sorts of things. =o) Hope this helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%