Change To Michaels' Policy On Store Coupons

Decorating By QueenBee1 Updated 30 May 2012 , 7:26am by preeti22

QueenBee1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueenBee1 Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 3:39am
post #1 of 6

I apologize if this has been discussed already. I've been away from the site for a few days. A friend of mine who shares my passion for Michaels' store coupons called me a few days to alert me to this. She found a book in the store and took it to the register with a coupon and was told that she couldn't use the coupon. When asking why not, she was informed by the cashier that the store policy changed six days prior and that coupons could no longer be used for books or magazines of any kind. When my friend looked at the coupon later, she discovered that exclusion is now printed on the coupons.

I am so disappointed!!! Usually, if I don't use a coupon for anything else, I can find a book or magazine that I want. Like my friend, I am going to complain to Michaels' corporate office.

Those of you who use their coupons for books and magazines, I encourage you to do the same. Hopefully, if customers complian loud enough, they will change that policy.

5 replies
want2bcupcakequeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
want2bcupcakequeen Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 4:02am
post #2 of 6

I was there last weekend and was told the same. It was very disappointing to me. Now I'll opt to subscribe to the magazine I usually buy at Mike's. It's the magazine that brings me to the store and of course I always buy more than just the magazine.

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 4:02am
post #3 of 6

You should complain. For a brief time, they excluded Wilton students kits from being bought with a coupon. That only lasted like 6 weeks. 1-800-MICHAELS

In the meantime, you can buy the latest issue of the Michaels crafting magazine in the store for $1, which contains a coupon that DOES NOT INCLUDE the exclusion for books and magazines. icon_smile.gif

zubia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zubia Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 4:07am
post #4 of 6

hmmm, I was just in the store today and saw Peggy Porshen's book on sale .I took it to the casher and asked her if my coupon will wotk on it, as coupons do not work for sale items, but she told me coupons do not work for books any more,but she'll try any way .And BINGO it worked and guess what I got the book for $7 bucks. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 4:09am
post #5 of 6

Wow, I hope you ran out of that store because you got a steal!! LOL

I was happy to get it for $15 with a 50% off coupon some time ago. Aren't her cakes gorgeous?

Congrats on a great score!

Sherri

preeti22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
preeti22 Posted 30 May 2012 , 7:26am
post #6 of 6

Today i went at michaels store and purchased some home decor products and saved $10 on them icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%