How Do You Do It??????

Decorating By SharonK1973 Updated 26 Sep 2008 , 1:59pm by PinkZiab

SharonK1973 Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 3:26am
post #1 of 5

This is for all those CCers out there who make topsy turvy cakes. I just tried to make a cake that was a tapered vase. I did it upside down and when I flipped it over, it wnet all lopsided and is now looking more like the cat's hat from Dr. Seuss. How do you make it stay right and not keel over? I figure it would be the same method for a topsy turvy cake. PLEASE HELP! This cake was for my best friend who I wanted to suprise with a "hydrangea flower pot" I am thinking that by tomorrow it will be a "broken hydrangea flower pot". I think I'll just try to make one out of the wilton princess pan. But for future reference, and considering I want to learn how to make topsy turvy cake, Please tell me what I did wrong or what I need to do.

Thanks,
Sharon

4 replies
SharonK1973 Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 4:19am
post #2 of 5

OK! I took some picture so you can see how bad a shape I'm in with this cake. There is no way to fix this, but I need your input on how to never have it happen again:
LL

SharonK1973 Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 4:22am
post #3 of 5

I'm trying to get the picture to actually show. Notice the juice bottle put there to hold up the cake... icon_mad.gif
LL

Cakepro Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 4:31am
post #4 of 5

I can see the picture. Are there dowels in your cake? That's a LOT of cake, and with the fondant and everything, I am sure it is quite heavy.

Dowels and separating several of the layers with cardboard cake circles will surely prevent your future flower pot cakes from sliding/leaning.

You did a nice job on it though! It's a really pretty flowerpot.

Sherri

PinkZiab Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 1:59pm
post #5 of 5

I agree with cake pro... it looks like you don't have any support inside that cake. It WILL fall over at some point.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%