Think Your Place Is Dirty?

Lounge By michellenj Updated 4 Oct 2008 , 1:18am by littlecake

michellenj Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 9:49pm
post #1 of 40

Holy mother of God, this person is a pig! Be sure to scroll all the way down to see the different rooms. Enjoy!

http://www.holytaco.com/2008/09/23/worlds-most-disgusting-apartment-is-in-houston/

39 replies
redhare Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 10:31pm
post #2 of 40

O M G that is DISGUSTING my house suddenly looks spotless

mom2leelee Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 10:37pm
post #3 of 40

How can someone live like this? There aren't even words to describe how disgusting that is!

Amia Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 2:02am
post #4 of 40

That is gross. Disgusting. EW. The tenant is probably dead somewhere in that sty too...couldn't find her way to the door and starved to death. icon_eek.gif

lisad1 Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 2:26am
post #5 of 40

That is just NASTY !!!!! icon_surprised.gif

margaretb Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 2:59am
post #6 of 40

I think it's funny how obviously the person didn't care, but there was an ironing board out.

michellenj Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 3:19am
post #7 of 40

Oddly enough, the cat's litter box looked like the cleanest area of the apartment. icon_confused.gif

The tenant definitely wasn't starved, with all of the pizza boxes and Quiznos wrappers around.

Now I don't feel guilty when I don't vacuum every day. icon_lol.gif

indydebi Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 4:35am
post #8 of 40

the comments on the blog after the story were just as interesting.

Curtsmin24 Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 7:34am
post #9 of 40
Quote:
Quote:

the comments on the blog after the story were just as interesting.




LOL, they were very interesting!! icon_lol.gif

Ah-na Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 1:59pm
post #10 of 40

Goodness, for some reason I never want to eat Whataburger again! I guess with all the money she was spending on fast food and cigarettes she couldn't afford a maid!!!!! icon_eek.gif

indydebi Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 2:07pm
post #11 of 40

When I was a kid, my parents knew folks who were worse than this. They didn't have a working bathroom. They had one of those white "pots", that had to be taken out and emptied. There was no outhouse and I didn't want to know where it got dumped. You'll never believe where they kept "the pot" .... in the middle of the kitchen!!!! We were over there once (and even as a kid, i just HATED going over there!) and the pot was close to overflowing.

I learned that night that you CAN "hold it" for a long, long time!!!

When they moved from this house, the owner burned it to the ground.

This was also back in the day when you ALWAYS offered coffee to people who came to visit (that tradition seems to have died away these days, but anyway ......). My mom started bringing her own can of coke to drink because one day the woman was looking for coffee cups. None in the cabinet, so she started rummaging thru the mountains of dirty laundry that was stacked 3-4 feet high around two walls of the kitchen. she pulled 2 coffee cups out of the pile of dirty laundry, just RINSED them under the faucet and poured coffee. My mom let hers go cold.

They had 4-5 chihuachuas. The dogs were paper trained. Their house was carpeted with newspapers that were glued to the floor by dog pi$$ and excrement. My little brother was a crawler and my mom held him on her lap the entire time. We were older and the house they moved to was in the country, so we HAPPILY played outside. At least at this house they had a working bathroom!) When they moved to this 2nd house, it stayed "clean" for about a week.

VannaD Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 5:26pm
post #12 of 40

YIKES!! From the photo it looks as though this lady had no where to sit, sleep, bathe, or use the bathroom, I bet this place stunk and was probably covered in roaches!! GAG GAG!

BTW Indydebi I happen to offer coffee and tea to everyone that comes into my home, now that's probably b/c i'm so addicted to caffeine, that any excuse to have it helps me justify my um "problem"

Amia Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 5:43pm
post #13 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanna1487

YIKES!! From the photo it looks as though this lady had no where to sit, sleep, bathe, or use the bathroom, I bet this place stunk and was probably covered in roaches!! GAG GAG!

BTW Indydebi I happen to offer coffee and tea to everyone that comes into my home, now that's probably b/c i'm so addicted to caffeine, that any excuse to have it helps me justify my um "problem"




Well actually, there is a nice little space on the bed, and a cushion on the couch, that seem to have been spared from the nastiness...well slightly spared. And I think that big blue bucket on the toilet, has become the toilet! Or maybe she's taken to using the litter box? icon_eek.gif Either way, not sure why she bothered to buy Febreze. There is not enough Febreze in the world to help that apartment. I'm with you! GAG!

I still wonder what happened to her -- did she die in there? I mean lung cancer and heart attack were knocking on this woman's door.

sweetness_221 Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 10:14pm
post #14 of 40

icon_eek.gif I'm just speechless. icon_eek.gif

michellenj Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 10:23pm
post #15 of 40

She does have good oral hygeinne, though, I saw a toothbrush wrapper amongst the trash.

PollyMaggs Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 1:19am
post #16 of 40

The part that saddens me the most is that this is caused by a mental illness and obviously she has no one that cares enough to see that she gets the help that she so desperately needs.

Amia Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 1:38am
post #17 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by PollyMaggs

The part that saddens me the most is that this is caused by a mental illness and obviously she has no one that cares enough to see that she gets the help that she so desperately needs.




Where did it say she had a mental illness? icon_confused.gif

PollyMaggs Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 3:57am
post #18 of 40

This type of disassociation of your surrounding is what's called Diogenes syndrome, characterized by extreme self-neglect, syllogomania (hoarding rubbish), and living in general squalor. They usually live alone, frequently deny their condition and often refuse help. When the problem becomes severe, as with the situation shown, there can be health and safety risks. Usually neighbors or family members end up reporting their concerns to health officials when it gets this bad. In some cases, there is some related mental disorder such as schizophrenia, depression, OCD and alcoholism.

Sorry I study mental health as a hobby, and tend to run on when it is something that is this sad and could be prevented.

misserica Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 3:02pm
post #19 of 40

I have never seen anything like this, how awful, mental illness or not. Did you see the cigarette butts everywhere? eeekk. The bathroom is a sight but how in the world does one use the shampoo and soap that is sitting on the ledge? Boy o boy I feel bad for whoever is cleaning that. I hate cleaning the toilets 3 times a week, imagine going in there, they will probably use Haz-Mat suits.

Amia Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 3:15pm
post #20 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by misserica

I have never seen anything like this, how awful, mental illness or not. Did you see the cigarette butts everywhere? eeekk. The bathroom is a sight but how in the world does one use the shampoo and soap that is sitting on the ledge? Boy o boy I feel bad for whoever is cleaning that. I hate cleaning the toilets 3 times a week, imagine going in there, they will probably use Haz-Mat suits.





icon_lol.gif If it were me, I'd just burn it down and start all over.

michellenj Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 4:17pm
post #21 of 40

I wonder if the landlord will ever be able to get it 100% clean again.

Kiddiekakes Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 4:23pm
post #22 of 40

I'm sorry but that is just plain disgusting and these people are mentally ill!!! Pigs really...no actually I think Pigs are cleaner!!!

sueco Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 4:56pm
post #23 of 40

The broom in the third picture down is the cleanest thing in the whole place.

jammjenks Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 1:40am
post #24 of 40

My house will look like this if I don't get off CC!

kidding...of course...sort of....

lardbutt Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 2:38am
post #25 of 40

OH MY DANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_eek.gif

I can't believe that! Completely disgusting! Yeah, I'm feeling pretty good about my house right now!

janelwaters Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 3:13am
post #26 of 40

totally emailing this to my mom!! she thinks my house is messy - she ain't seen nothing yet!

Seriously though - when i saw the broom I busted out laughing! that is hilarious! Why would she even bother.

I'm wondering if someone did this on purpose - horded all of their trash and then dumped it and let it sit for a month - I guess I just can't imagine ANYONE living like that!

indydebi Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 10:26am
post #27 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelwaters


I'm wondering if someone did this on purpose - horded all of their trash and then dumped it and let it sit for a month - I guess I just can't imagine ANYONE living like that!


You know, I mentioned this very thing to my daughter. Those empty soda cups lined up so pristine on the coffee table, the pizza boxes that all looked pretty new ... I didnt' see many grease stains.... even the piles of cigarette ash looked like they were poured out in a pile. It was an organized mess.

Except that bathroom. It's kinda hard to 'fake' that kind up build up.

janelwaters Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 11:19am
post #28 of 40

Very true - the bathroom seemed pretty authentic - the rest - I don't know - it was the pizza boxes, but definately the cig butts - those look like they were poured out of a very large ashtray.

michellenj Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 12:33pm
post #29 of 40

If you look at the bed, it looks like someone cleared the trash to make a place for themself to sleep. And the computer keyboard looks like someone has been using it.

My guess is that maybe a fraternity or some other group of filthy pigs had parties there a lot. Or like a rugby team? I can see if they had like 5 parties and ordered pizza, then didn't clean up, many ciggies and drink cups would build up fairly quickly.

lardbutt Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 12:58pm
post #30 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by michellenj

If you look at the bed, it looks like someone cleared the trash to make a place for themself to sleep. And the computer keyboard looks like someone has been using it.

My guess is that maybe a fraternity or some other group of filthy pigs had parties there a lot. Or like a rugby team? I can see if they had like 5 parties and ordered pizza, then didn't clean up, many ciggies and drink cups would build up fairly quickly.



I thought it looked like a party house too! I would think that males made the mess, but remember the high heel? icon_confused.gif Of course, that could be from the party as well! Nevertheless, it is disgusting!

Can you imagine marrying someone this messy, oh, wait a minute, I did! icon_twisted.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%